Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest are u HAPPY with ur dealer???

hi there

a quick question are you happy with the service depatmant at the local dealer???

i must admit that im REALLY impressed with them...most times i drop off the car in the evening and get it back next day in the afternoon...they also take the time to look at my car when i hear or feel somthing strange in the car.....

that kind of service makes me want to own a porsche for ALL of my life even when i have kids...and that also makes me want to use the dealer even if and when my car become old YES even 20 years...i just hope they keep up the good work

im in Dubai we ONLY have one dealer and i think they do a great job..

Old 01-27-2004, 11:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Ah so, you ARE in Dubai!
I'm reasonably happy with my Porsche mechanic/wrench. He's a small independent Porsche repair shop, also selling some used cars. The problem is that service can be slow, he's got more work than he can handle, really...
But I don't bother going to an official Porsche shop: the rates are very high, and they prefer (understatement) to work on more recent cars, moreover since I didn't buy my car from them...
I think there is a real problem with Porsche in the sense that there's plenty of rip-off artists around, with (used) cars in general, but Porsches in particular... Maybe I'm only expressing a personal phobia, but I think the phenomenon is quite recognized. Therefore, I think I must say I am happy with my wrench, yes.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Non Compos Mentis

The local dealers service dept? No way. Anything air-cooled, and their expression says "how quaint".

The parts dept. depends on who's there. There is a great guy who really appreciates ALL porsches, and is very helpful. The other parts people act as if I'm bothering them just stepping in the door.

I get most of my parts from Pelican now.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Our local dealer is MISERABLE. They gave a song and dance to the PCA region here saying they would give us 20% off parts. Well, that 20% off brings the price back to full retail. They also have nothing in stock and claim that anything I order will take 1 week to get here because Porsche is slow. This is for common items too like exhaust studs, gaskets etc. Also, when I showed them my Club Racing license to get the discount, they didn't know what it was. It's a shame because when the day comes and I want a newer car, I will avoid them like the plague.

Cheers, James
Old 01-28-2004, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
17 years and 17k posts...

Garage
I buy my parts from Pelican (new) and eBay (used) and do the work myself. There aren't any Porsche dealers in my area (Metropolitan Detroit) so going to the dealer isn't a reasonable option for me.
www.ford.com
Old 01-28-2004, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Friend of Warren

I would have to drive 150 miles to get to a Porsche dealer! All I have is my own skills, Pelican for parts and expert advice. If this board wasn't here, I wouldn't be owning a 911.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
All dealers (not independent repair shops) SUCK unless you are giving them money. If they aren't BENDING you over, they are contemplating new and ingenious ways of BENDING you over.

Of course some folks on this BBS will disagree, but they either have money to burn or like walking around stooped over!
Old 01-28-2004, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Vinyl pimp

Garage
THE$Y SU$CK
Old 01-28-2004, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Our local Porsche dealer also sells MAZDAS!!! Draw your own conclusion...
2001 Xterra
1997 Jeep Wrangler "The Tick"
Old 01-28-2004, 08:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Certified Pre-Owned

The one on the St. Paul side is pretty good, the one on the Minneapolis side is a joke...hoity-toity-arrogant-unhelpful.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
I would never bring my SC to Inskip Porsche for service, they are lying, cheating theives. Their shop rate is $95/hr. Glad I do all my own work. The only thing I ever bought from them is (1) exhaust gasket. When I pull up to the showroom entrance with my SC, the sales guys don't even ask what year or even give a look. What a bunch of wankers!
Old 01-28-2004, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
well, my dealer sometimes doesn't have what I'm looking for, so I have to call another one. And once I got some really bad stuff from him. But last week it was a real skunky batch, lots or red hairs, etc.

Oh wait....
Old 01-28-2004, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Mocha BAP

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Staylo
as the saying goes...."unless your friend is the Dealer, the Dealer is not your friend".....(learned while working for a dealer)

Nostatic, can I try yours?
02 996 C2 Cab Mostly stock
06 955 CTTS Super P!G
Old 01-28-2004, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

red hairs are good...

purple hairs are even better...

my head hurts...

oops post hijack...

back to subject, wait, what's a dealer?
Old 01-28-2004, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Anyone else care to chime in on the dealer we all love to hate in Tysons Corner? I dunno how they stay in business.

Porsche of Arlington is ok. Their service guys "get it." Not sure about their sales guys. But I would still NEVER EVER take my baby to a dealer. Too many great indies in this area and lots more good friends in this NoVA crowd to help with DIY.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by nostatic
well, my dealer sometimes doesn't have what I'm looking for, so I have to call another one. And once I got some really bad stuff from him. But last week it was a real skunky batch, lots or red hairs, etc.

Oh wait....
Please PM me with your dealers ...terms....I am re-thinking this dealer thing..
Old 01-28-2004, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Our local dealer here is awful and seems offended when asked a question...One wonders how they even still have a service dept. As their are 2 other very good Porsche shops in our area of Indy.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
I have had limited dealings with BRUMOS Here in Jax but the occasional time or two when I HAVE used them for parts I got excellent service. They dont seem to mind what you roll up in as long as it's from Stuttgart. they have an awesome wall of racing accolades and they always have some vintage racer on the showroom floor as eye candy, most likely from Bob Snodgrass's private museum which is also on the grounds.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Since my local dealer is Yark BMW-Porsche in Toledo, OH, I deal with them with some service issues on the 7. Good service dept, but the people in parts, always make me feel like I am a pain in their a$$. I try to spend most of my money at Pelican and do my own work.
00 GMC Sierra
Old 01-28-2004, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

You know, if you say dealer dealer dealer over and over it sort of becomes a non-word. Purple hairs - goood.

Old 01-28-2004, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: