Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Innovative Motorsports Air/Fuel meter?

I did a search on this and came up with some good info. I have wanted to put an wide band air/fuel meter on my car for some time and this thing (Innovative Motorsports LM-1) seems to a good price/performance compromise. It can now log RPM and air/fuel data on a graph for up to 45 minutes. Does anyone have direct knowledge of their products?

www.innovatemotorsports.com

Paul

Old 01-28-2004, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I don't have any direct knowledge of the innovative, but you might take a look at this one too.
http://www.widebandcommander.com/
Old 01-28-2004, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to kstylianos
Feast your eyes:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/

Great product support, can log up to 5 parameters for up to 45 minutes and has good PC software so you can make sense of your data. I've been doing research on the few available WB sensor/data loggers and this one looks to be the best bang the money....at least for now.

Last edited by kstylianos; 01-28-2004 at 04:06 PM..
Old 01-28-2004, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

The wide band comander looks pretty good too. You can get both for about the same price, the Innovative one is digital though. I could mount the gauge in place of my attractive, but non-functioning, clock. Choices-choices.

Paul
Old 01-28-2004, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Re: Innovative Motorsports Air/Fuel meter?

Quote:
Originally posted by P-THOMAS
Does anyone have direct knowledge of their products?
Yes, I have one and have been using it to tune my EFI in the Lotus clone. It does everything they say for an incredible price. I spent $135 for a Split Second A/F meter for the Porsche a few years ago and it it's just a slow responding LED display, not even wideband, and can't record anything. For $350, the Innovate piece is a bargain. I would have paid more for dyno time than that to accomplish what I have been able to do just driving on the street. I got in on a group buy and saved about 10%.

Haven't had time to hook it up to the Porsche yet. I bought the aux. cable too so I could log RPM, but haven't even played with that yet, either. I did load their software and downloaded a few sessions thru the serial cable supplied and everything worked as advertised. Support is great with the forum, etc.

TT
Early S Registry #257
R Gruppe #232
Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
Driving Porsches since 1964
Old 01-28-2004, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Here's another:

http://www.bnecustoms.com/plx_wide_band.htm

However, this one doesn't have data logging. In addition, their gauge is a little more readable along with a provision to display to an Autometer round LED gauge.

Sherwood
http://members.rennlist.org/911pcars

Old 01-28-2004, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: