Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Thumbs up Fuel starvation cured!!!

I posted two topics recently about a fuel starvation problem I was having after doing a front suspension rebuild. I initially suspected a pinched fuel line, but I investigated other potential causes (clogged fuel filter, failed accumulator, clogged lines, bad relay, etc.). I got under the car today and dropped the suspension pan to have a look at the pump. And there it was, one of the lines was pinched between the steering rack and the chassis. It was wedged just right of the bump formed by the steering rack mount. I had to remove and reinstall the steering rack spacers (bump steer kit) to free the line. There was not damage to the line, so I bolted everything back up and now the car is running like a champ!

Lesson: be very careful when you pull and reinstall your steering rack, especially if you're putting in spacers.

Thanks to all for the advice offered in solving my problem!

Old 01-31-2004, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
right on! good for you, now you can drive it to dunkles?
Old 01-31-2004, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Unfortunately, I can't drive it to Dunkels. I have yet to have the car professionally aligned and I don't want to destroy my fairly new tires. How's the oil cooler work going?
Old 01-31-2004, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
oil cooler appears to be working aaa-ooo-kkk. i need to drive it more to really tell, but it would appear the pin hole leak may have affected the tstat. new line, and wham, i feel the forward lines getting warm. but now, i have to address a freaky alt red light in the dash. but that is tomorrow. i am like that poor guy pushing the boulder up a hill repeatedly. sisyphus.

Old 01-31-2004, 09:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: