Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Bell crank bushings question

After engine removal yesterday, I noticed the throttle linkage, aka bell crank bushings, are worn and actually completely gone. I had already bought some new ones prior to seeing they needed replacing. They are just a plyable plastic material, and seem to be prone to fail again. Does anyone know of some aftermarket bushings that are available? Preferably of a more heavy duty material? For those like me, who prior to yesterday, didn't know where they are located, here's a couple pics;

The two bushings, left and right, go in the upright brackets and support the connecting rod that passes through them. Without the bushings, the rod flops around when the accelerator is pressed, losing a lot of travel. In other words, NO FULL THROTTLE!!!

'80 911SC Weissach Edition
'87 325is
'02 K1200RS
Old 02-01-2004, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Pelican sells the Weltmeister bell crank bronze bushing kit for $6.25; see PEL PP910242. Cheers, Jim
Old 02-01-2004, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I just replaced mine with the factory plastic ones. They'll last another 20 years. Why bother for now with metallic ones.

Two-wheel art: Ducati 907IE for now
Old 02-01-2004, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: