Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

The Racerís Group Fiberglass Quality?

I would like to get feedback on the quality of the fiberglass bodywork.

Old 02-01-2004, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I think they did that yellow 993 look crazy turbo car "rhumba" featured in Excellence a while back. The article mentioned how much work it was to fit all the pieces and IMHO that job looked like S*&%!!

That car is for sale by them, so maybe there are some pics of it on their website you could look at.

Jeff
Old 02-01-2004, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Are you talkng about their workmanship, or the quality of the fiberglass pieces themselves? If the latter, I am sure they get their bodywork from an outside source.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I ordered a fiberglass hood from the Racers Group for an early 911 years ago. They get it from MA SHAW. Just order it direct from them. Best quality out there. Forget about ordering from Hank at GT Racing.... That stuff is complete junk.
911ST Race Car/2.5L SS Race Motor #02
1972 911T- Numbers matching- Restoring to stock
2011 Porsche Spyder Wht/Blk/Carbon Fiber Buckets/6-Speed (Sold)
2016 Elan NP01 Prototype racecar- Chassis #20, #02
Old 02-01-2004, 08:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric Coffey
Are you talkng about their workmanship, or the quality of the fiberglass pieces themselves? If the latter, I am sure they get their bodywork from an outside source.
Can't really comment on the quality other than a friend of mine got their 993 widebody and fitted it to a 1973 911 with not too much problem. Of cours it's a race car and not a concours queen so probably not the information you're looking for.

Looking at the pictures on The Racer's Group website, they look a lot like the ones from the Getty Design (http://www.gettydesign.com) catalog.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

thanks I wil try a yellowbird (FRP).

Old 02-02-2004, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: