Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

wind noise on 73.5 911T

Hi-
New to the forum. I recently 'inherited' my late father's 73.5 911T, with vent windows. I'm trying to rid the wind noise that seems to be coming through the vent windows. I would appreciate some expertise from this knowledgble group.

I have replaced the vent window rubber and the window felt. Still lots of noise at speeds above say 35-40 mph, terrible at 65+ mph.

Any help would be appreciated.

Q-Dog

Old 02-01-2004, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Q-Dog:
Welcome to another SD area member. Which windows are you calling vent windows? The front triangular windows on the doors (I didn't think they could be opened in '73), or are you calling the rear windows vent windows? Are you sure it's coming from the window and not the door gasket at the front of the door? The door gaskets need to be changed after some time because they tend to let in a lot of wind noise when they get worn.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Evans:
Perhaps I used the wrong term. I refer to the front triangular (wing) windows. It's correct that 73.5 didn't have them but my father had them put on years ago because He preferred them.

I'm pretty sure the majority of the noise is from the wings. The door seal will get replaced next month when the car get painted.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I also added the opening vents to my 73.5 T. You may need new rubber there.

You can use a stethoscope to find exactly where the noise is coming from.

Seal the holes in the door frame with the rubber plugs that PAG makes as an update for this.

And, realize that even when brand new, magazines complained about wind noise from these cars.

Old 02-01-2004, 09:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: