Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Did you get the memo?

Talking Like a hooker out of jail, I'm back on the streets!

I forgot how much I love this car. As a side note, as of tonight I now know 911s handle quite well in snow, maybe it's the new tires.
Yes, my car is back in action after my engine drop to fix a broken clutch pivot pin, while I was in there I decided to replace the crankcase breather gasket, shift bushings, hood shocks, air filter, add a fuel filter, put on all new heater hoses, turbo valve covers and silicone gaskets, adjust the valves (first time ), engine thermostat o-ring, all 3 oil cooler seals, oil pressure switch, speedometer drive o-ring, reverse switch crush washer, intake manifold to engine and intake to Webers gaskets, spark plugs, and a new throttle link.
I was so damn scared to fire it up, I just knew I'd screwed up something. I did forget to hook up the battery lead to the starter, and to hook up the heat exchanger to heater box hoses, wedging one between the starter and the body . Beyond that everything went great, the car seems to run a little better now, definitely idles much better. It's hard to tell anything else, any throttle sends me sideways in our 5 inches of snow and ice. It was a great chance to clean everything up as well. Anybody afraid of dropping your engine, don't be, there's nothing to it. All I know is that next time I'll have one of these, balancing an engine and transmission on a pallet on a floor jack sucks! Later.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog...k_Adapter1.JPG5

Old 02-01-2004, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
right on! i still remember your "my car is fighting back" thread. well it looks like you won.

cliff

did the door handles turn out ok?
Old 02-01-2004, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

My new handle came in the mail right when all this nonsense happened, hopefully that's tomorrow's project. I managed to find a new window regulator too, so maybe I can get the whole driver's door fixed at once.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

Way to go, Matt! It didn't take you long to get your 911 back in service. I know what you mean about pulling the engine...nothing to it. This past weekend a few NoVA folks helped fellow Pelican DougE get his engine back in and all hooked up. BTW - we did the same thing with the pass. side heater hose...we just lowered the engine a bit and freed it.

Once again, congrats on a great DiY project!
Old 02-02-2004, 04:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
awesome sponge man, When the time comes I might have some questions for you

Old 02-02-2004, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: