Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
3M vs. Wurth glue

I'm looking into weatherstripping glue and wonder why do most posts mention the 3M product. Is it much better? Quicker drying? Easier clean up? Do stores sell 3M or is it one of those direct-from-the-manufacturer items?

Thanks.

Old 02-02-2004, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
I usually find 3-M at the better Auto parts stores or at most Auto Body supply places. The Wurth is tougher as they mostly sell to commercial end users. This leaves you with Mail/Internet ordering such as here at Pelican.

Both Wurth and 3-M make quality products. However Porsche used/uses Wurth products at the factory. That leave little question when selecting the exact product for your task.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Used User

My recommendation is the 3M in a tube. You can get it readily and it has good 'open' time. Not that Wurth isn't better (don't know that it is), but 3M is good enough for the local pros.

Old 02-02-2004, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: