Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Vinyl pimp

Garage
Just resigned from the PCA....

I sent an email to the chapter prez asking what was up with the work I did for the re-introduction of the autocross at a venue we lost a couple of years ago....the AX chair said he was actively working on it....all we needed was a saftey plan.

I got a $s$hitty response back that they were not considering it all, not a thank you very much no, but NO.....

I answered back that I was no longer a member.....freaking club is more interested in whine and cheese concour and computer assisted rallies.....

What a worthless POS club.

We made money on AX and the local cops liked it because we let the little rice weasels in....fun to stomp them at our game....

Old 02-02-2004, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

That is really lame. Our local region is fantastic( Connecticut Valley, They put on 20+ DE's a year, a Club Race plus they got AutoX back this year( was dropped last season due to lack of venue).

JA
Old 02-02-2004, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
maybe you should suggest a nice chianti and some fava beans...
Old 02-02-2004, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Used User

Now what? I thought you liked the SDR autox at Qualcom. Join under another name in another region? You're havin' a tough day
Old 02-02-2004, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Please go back and revisit this. Perhaps it isnít as bad as it seams. All of the clubs, PCA, SCCA, POC, your local clubs and regions and more have to deal with many issues. None of the solutions are perfect.
Remember, these are all volunteer positions, including what you were doing. None of those people are perfect, nor am I. What can you do to help fix the situation?

Best,
Grady
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
Old 02-02-2004, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

were you referring to Pt Mugu? SB region had a great thing going for a while when one of the commanders gave up his weekend to baby sit the club and SCCA for autocrosses there. Then we came along with POC and actually held one of our cup races - VERY exciting and fun weekend!! Unfortunately a local drag racer wanted to have drag races there complete with burn out box, concrete dividers and a Xmas tree- THAT was not going to happen! 20 million dollar aircraft doing an emergency landing on those items would not look good on any Navy guy's career sheet, so the commander told the guy (politely) to stuff it. Drag guy wouldn't take no for an answer and ended up pissing off some admiral in D.C. so word came down and no more events at Mugu~!!
We tried a couple years ago with MWR dept at Mugu- new commander- and unless serious $$ were to come in, they were not interested.
Have they tried SB airport? If the event is tied to a charity (these things are always political) then it would fly.
Its always who ya know
Old 02-02-2004, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

PRO Motorsports

Quote:
Originally posted by nostatic
maybe you should suggest a nice chianti and some fava beans...
Mmmmmmmmmmm....................... with the liver of a Census-Taker. (Slurp-slurp) (Silence of the Lambs reference, for the confused.)
Old 02-02-2004, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Original Owner

The local PTA frowned on smoking at meetings and didn't like you doing burnouts in the lot.
And they couldn't figure out why ANYONE would modify a 911!!!
And I don't drink Starbucks latte and I ain't know wine connosewer either.

edit: Ohhhh you meant PCA!!!! Jeeez!
Old 02-02-2004, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Friend of Warren

Hey at least you have a regional PCA to resign from!
Old 02-02-2004, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
You can transfer to another Region.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Grady Clay
Please go back and revisit this. Perhaps it isnít as bad as it seams. All of the clubs, PCA, SCCA, POC, your local clubs and regions and more have to deal with many issues. None of the solutions are perfect.
Remember, these are all volunteer positions, including what you were doing. None of those people are perfect, nor am I. What can you do to help fix the situation?

Best,
Grady
Grady..."it's" that bad here in Orygun. Remember my 1976 trip to Woody Creek? That was the most PCA fun I'd had for several years. Don't know what RMR's "secret" was, but even then, the yuppie non enthusiasts were taking over Oregon PCA. I'm still a member, but I've pretty much given up on attending events. Sept. '03 may well have been my last attempt...
Old 02-02-2004, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

That suxs Mike.

The PCA sceen here is pretty laid back. Just a bunch of normal people that like Porsche's.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Time Bandit

Garage
Is this the same PCA?

Pretentious poseurs, ascotts, gold chains, bloated egos, arrogant conosewers, logo identity driven?? That doesn't sound like the PCA I know....er, well maybe...
Old 02-02-2004, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Vinyl pimp

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Zeke
Now what? I thought you liked the SDR autox at Qualcom. Join under another name in another region? You're havin' a tough day
Five hours on the road one way....to wait for 12 runs, suxz....

Last edited by Joe Bob; 02-02-2004 at 06:50 PM..
Old 02-02-2004, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Vinyl pimp

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by TRE Cup
were you referring to Pt Mugu? SB region had a great thing going for a while when one of the commanders gave up his weekend to baby sit the club and SCCA for autocrosses there. Then we came along with POC and actually held one of our cup races - VERY exciting and fun weekend!! Unfortunately a local drag racer wanted to have drag races there complete with burn out box, concrete dividers and a Xmas tree- THAT was not going to happen! 20 million dollar aircraft doing an emergency landing on those items would not look good on any Navy guy's career sheet, so the commander told the guy (politely) to stuff it. Drag guy wouldn't take no for an answer and ended up pissing off some admiral in D.C. so word came down and no more events at Mugu~!!
We tried a couple years ago with MWR dept at Mugu- new commander- and unless serious $$ were to come in, they were not interested.
Have they tried SB airport? If the event is tied to a charity (these things are always political) then it would fly.
Its always who ya know
The Pt was a little before my time here in SB.....I used to put together AX at Earl Warren Showgrounds.....I was the Safety Chair and AX chair....another member did some events I did the others....the State runs the show and brought in a new manager....little m intentional.....they had a CEO title, but they were essentially Kwikie Mart weasels....

Anyways, the new weasel came in, manufactured some BS and got us kicked out.

The state soon fired his a$$, he went to work managing a carwash....a new elected board and ceo came in and I got them to reverse the decision.....all the PCA had to do was present a safety plan.....the rest is, shall we say history.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Vinyl pimp

Garage
Oh and the SB airport forget it.....won't even consider putting it on the board's agenda. The head booger in charge is related to the head FD official....muy political.

They let the local Vette guys out there once every five years during the vintage plane show...that's it.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Yeah, Mike is correct in regards to the local PCA chapter and AX. There are many nice people in our region but AX is not something they seem to want to push. They did do one at the Camarrillo Airport in 2003 and had a very large turn out with plenty of people wanting more events. But for now they are content to do drives to places and have picnics.
I will say though they do get a huge turnout for their breakfast meetings on the first Saturday of the month. Usually around 60 Porsches show up at the Cam Airport.
An AX more than once every 2-3 years that was less than a days drive away would be nice.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Automotive Monomaniac

Garage
I belong to the local PCA chapter and I am also a bit frustrated with their lack of enthusiast driver events. My local BMW Car Club of America chapter does stuff all the time... while my PCA guys are more content with wine and cheese baloney. It is all volunteer - you just have to hope the enthusiasts are volunteering!
Old 02-02-2004, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
I bet if you suggested a wine tour they'd be all over you like white on rice...

So do this: set up a "wine tour," 'cept the "tour" takes you thru a bunch of cones, and you don't get the wine until you've done the course 9 or 10 times
Various VWs
Old 02-02-2004, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
retired, mostly

Come on down to the Orange coast region, we have about 7 AX's every year at at least one trip to Willow Springs, you're still welcome here.

Old 02-02-2004, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: