Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
flywheel

hello ,

Finally , i will upgrade my 2.0E to a 2.2 S engine and actually I 'm trying to have all the parts which are still missing ...
but My question is between the 2.0 and 2.2 Is there a difference in the flywheel dimension ?(215 to 225 mm) ?
If It is yes , can I put a 225 mm flywheel with my 2.0 crank (2.2 crank is the same ) ? do you recommend me for reliability a lightweight flywheel (aluminium ) or a stock flywheel a bit lighter because I will balance my crank and the rods.

My other question : Is there a modification of the clutch design (due to the power increase) ? If yes it is possible without any problems(because the gearbox is the same ) to upgrade ?

Thanks for your good advices

Old 02-03-2004, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Tim Walsh
what transmission do you plan to use?
"Dave, hit the brakes, but don't look like your htting the brakes...what? I DON'T KNOW, BRAKE CASUAL!!!" dtw's thoughts after nearly rear ending a SHP officer
Old 02-03-2004, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
my 901 which is the same for a 2l2
Old 02-03-2004, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
dO I MAKE A MISTAKE ,
Old 02-03-2004, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thor,
If you are going to continue to use your 901 transmission, you'll need to keep the same 215 mm flywheel. The '70 cars which used the 225 mm flywheel also used the used a 911 gearbox with the the appropriate linkage for the pull-type clutch. Unless you want to replace your gearbox (or at least the clutch portions) as well as your clutch cable, you will need to stay with the earlier push-style clutch and flywheel. There are people who do offer upgraded clutches for the earlier flywheel/gearbox versions and I've seen them just posted recently (last 2 weeks?) on this BBS. Do a search on "clutch" and see what you find.

- John

"It's a poor craftsman who blames their tools" -- Unknown
"Any suspension -- no matter how poorly designed -- can be made to work reasonably well if you just stop it from moving." -- Colin Chapman
Old 02-03-2004, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
JOT MON ABBR OTH

Et, Bienvenue au Pelican!
I don't take scalps. I'm civilized like white man now, I shoot man in back.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
thanks jluet !!!!

Old 02-03-2004, 11:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: