Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Plug wire/Cap question

I'm getting ready to install a new distributor cap (& rotor) and a set of Magnecores. Should I fill the boots at the cap end with dielectric grease before installation? What about at the plug end?

Also, what are the extra tabs (the thick, half-round tab with the hole in it) at the plug ends of the Magnecores for?

Thanks,

Dave

Deceased: Black '88 Carrera Coupe, Steve Wong and Russell Berry chips, Dansk premuffler, custom MK GT3-style muffler, Magnecores. Al Reed 7 & 8 X 16 Fuchs. Full Elephant Racing suspension, 21/28 T-bars, Turbo tierods, bump steer kit, Bilstein Sports, BK strut bar. Ruf bumpers, 935 mirrors, Carrera 3.0 tail, DasSport bar.
'11 BMW 328iX, '18 Nissan Frontier 4X4, '92 Acura NSX.

Last edited by Wavey; 02-03-2004 at 11:26 AM..
Old 02-03-2004, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Anyone?
Deceased: Black '88 Carrera Coupe, Steve Wong and Russell Berry chips, Dansk premuffler, custom MK GT3-style muffler, Magnecores. Al Reed 7 & 8 X 16 Fuchs. Full Elephant Racing suspension, 21/28 T-bars, Turbo tierods, bump steer kit, Bilstein Sports, BK strut bar. Ruf bumpers, 935 mirrors, Carrera 3.0 tail, DasSport bar.
'11 BMW 328iX, '18 Nissan Frontier 4X4, '92 Acura NSX.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Wavey,
On the dielectric - I would use it at both ends. I always use it and have very good results. However, you don't need to use much - in this application a little bit goes a long way. Smear it around inside the boots but don't fill them up with the stuff. Hope this helps - have no idea on the Magnecors. I'm thinking about getting a set myself.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Did you do a search on Dielectric grease? I seem to recall a thread several years ago about it. And not to use it....>>May be confused with greasing the threads on the plugs.....

Old 02-03-2004, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: