Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

need parts diagrams for seatbelts

During the course or recarpeting, I removed the seatbelt assemblies/tensioners. I discarded them as they had been eaten through by rodents but I failed to make a note of how they had been installed. Now I am having trouble figuring out how to mount to the base plate below the door without creating a twist in the seat belt. I am sure the answer is a simple one, but apparently I am not that bright. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

GruppeB #036
Old 02-03-2004, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Not sure if helps, but here you go:

Old 02-03-2004, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks Eric. It is a start and confirms everything is installed correctly except the baseplate (the plate that bolt 5 goes through). It is not depicted in the diagram, but both base plates of my seatbelt assemblies have a slight bend just above the mounting hole. It would seem that the bend should be directed towards the passenger versus the door. However, mounting it that way creates a twist in the seatbelt that doesnt seem right.
GruppeB #036
Old 02-03-2004, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Hmmm, I thought the #5 bolt just screwed directly to the frame/rocker (with the necessary bushings/washers), and didn't have a base-plate? Or, maybe it was different on the mid-year cars.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

You're correct. When I am referring to the base plate, I am talking about the end metal piece that is connected to the seatbelt through which the #5 bolt fits. Do you recall that piece on your '88 had a bend or it was just a flat piece with a hole in it. I will try to take pics this evening
GruppeB #036
Old 02-03-2004, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Ah, now I'm tracking. I am pretty sure that piece was just a flat tab with a hole through it on my previous 911.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Being the nice guy I am, I went out to the garage to take a look at how these are mounted. Yes, the piece I have is curved and the curve faces inward toward the seat. If you look at the belt retracted it does look as if it is twisted with the "tang" facing outward when retracted. As you pull the belt out and imagine it stretched across a person and then attached to the receptacle you will see that the belt actually does lay flat and is not twisted as it comes through the guide. Hope this makes sense.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Howie, you are a good man. Eric thanks for input and the diagram. Very much appreciated!

GruppeB #036
Old 02-04-2004, 04:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: