Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Smelling Oil Burn on my 911

I had a bad oil leak on my 1975 911s. Oil got all over the SSI headers. I fixed the oil leak and have driven it about 1000 miles since. When I drive the car white smoke and a burning oil smell comes in the cab through the heater system. I can also smell the oil burn on the left side of the engine when I get out. I am getting absolutely no oil on the ground after I park the car. Do I have a crack on the header inside the heater box or is there oil inside the heater box? The smell is driving me nuts.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I've had oil in the heat exchanger do that to me, as well. As far as I know, your choices are to remove the heat exchangers, & try to wash them out, or to let it burn. I let it burn. I also crawled under the car and used a screwdriver to ensure the heater control boxes were fully open, venting to the outside. If that doesn't work, you could simply remove the tubes between body & control box until the oil is finally fully 'cooked'.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: