Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Clutch Cable/Adjustment

To all you DIYers:

For those of you who are putting off your clutch cable replacement, don't. This has been one of the "most improved" items I've done to the P-car. I can't attribute all the improvement to the cable, but definetly the adjustment at the end. I also, replaced the spring at the pedel. Again, huge improvment not quite as easy as the Subaru to depress but much, much better!

Kris

2010 135i
2011 X5d
Old 12-15-2004, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Kris,

Anything to watch out for when replacing the cable? It is one of my winter projects along with new bushings in the pedal cluster and springs on both ends.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The one tricky part is getting the old cable out of the sleeve at the firewall. The cable has a fitting at that point with two notchs in it, I think an open end 14mm will fit over the end. Turn it a little to break it free then you can work it off. It's the female part of the fitting and probably slides on an inch so just keep working. Also, it is easier to release the cable at the gearbox end first so the pedel will fall to the floor to reveal the cleavis pin under the center tunnel. Otherwise not too bad, good luck!
2010 135i
2011 X5d
Old 12-16-2004, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice. Won't be doing any work on car until after the Holidays and may even wait until alittle closer to when I will be able to drive (weather) again.

Old 12-16-2004, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: