Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
porschesaur

Bruce Anderson - 2.61 litre twin turbo

Bruce, my ISP dropped my .lck file (address book), lost your email, can't recall if you posted here, will try other boards as well, Pat Williams wanted me to tell you he finished the 2.61tt, first drive was Thursday and I've now updated his site with 54 pics of the build. If you 're running XP and IE 6.0 with security high, it'll block both the slide show popup, but more importantly, the mouseover explanations at the 2.61tt Homepage , might want to "allow blocked content" for this occasion. Can't tell you how tractable this car is with such a high specific hp, it's unbelievable. Between this induction setup, PWR-EFI-II and the clutch he worked with the mfr on, it drives like a street car such that they've since put it back on the rack, raised the ride height an inch, re-corner weighted it and he's now driving it on the street till the Sebring PCA race. How bout that engine? Just like the 2.1tt which was trimmed to 485hp for max longevity, this one'll be conservatively set up for 630hp or so - but better yet, it'll be in a 243lbs lighter car.

Say, did you see Pat's article in Excellence? That's my white car in the second to the last pic on the 2.61tt page that they used. It's been a year this week with that EFI/544hp package motor combo, 4,000 miles of DE's and daily commutes without a whimper, dropping the bumper hitch for one of Sean's alloy chassis mounted ones so I can haul my bike to antique meets this Spring with it. Send Pat a note if you get a chance and hope you can join us as Sebring this year - we're GT3R#134 and F#47.

Cheerio,
Peter
[IMG]2.61tt motor[/IMG]

1950 Vincent Rapide - A Red Rapide Experience -
Old 01-24-2005, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Crusty Conservative

Garage
You can always reach the Bruce HERE http://www.excellence-mag.com/tns.html

Nice engine, BTW

69 911 T Targa, 2.4E w/carbs (1985-2001)
70 911 S Coupe, 2nd owner (1989- 2015)
73 911 T Targa, 3.2 Motronic (2001- )
Old 01-24-2005, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
turbo dreaming

Very cool. Neat to see alot of the same ideas going onto my tt system applied here. Makes me more confident in my decisions lol.

As seen on MaydayGarage: http://goo.gl/mGmZB
In Excellence #191: http://goo.gl/BjOsn
Old 01-24-2005, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Send a message via AIM to Az911
This has to be one of the best write ups on a project car i've ever seen
Old 01-24-2005, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Unconstitutional Patriot

Quote:
Originally posted by Az911
This has to be one of the best write ups on a project car i've ever seen
Write up? I thought it was an advertisement.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

You should email Bruce at his website:

http://www.911handbook.com/

bruce1485@aol.com
Old 01-24-2005, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
I suspect someone is trolling for some advertising, but the link is so cool, I've got to bump it up for more to see.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MichiganMat
hey, I've got a Targa! One day maybe...

naw, it'll never be this cool.
'99 LR Disco 2
Old 01-24-2005, 09:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I've had the pleasure of talking to Pat Williams on a few occasions and he seems to be a really sharp guy when it comes to pcars. Reading about the car above makes me want to go out and start buying lottery tickets.

Mike
22/29 torsions, 22/22 adjustable sways, Carrera brakes
Old 01-25-2005, 03:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

2.61 liters? What size is the stroke and bore?
Old 01-25-2005, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
porschesaur

Silverc4s: thanks for the contact address, rooms go fast at Sebring we're up to 5 guys in one now. Az911: this is a tougher gig that you know, I neither work for Pat nor an ISP/web developer, but as a friend who talked Pat into a web presence 2 years ago, with 26 years in 911's, the last 21 years flogging that white 930, years of building engines/restorations and now several years of low quality web development..not to mention, the only "pedestrian" allowed in the shop - I was the lesser of the unqualified to do a site for him, stepped over the dead body of the last guy who attempted to do one and tookover. Not a problem per se, but no work stops at the shop to accomodate phot shoots or questions related to something as frivolous as website content, keeping customer schedules and myriad projects moving forward comes first - hoping to get a heads-up to be there for the big moment, you grap a pic when you can and if you're not comprehending what your look'n at, a very brief explanation may be extracted later over the roar of an engine/equipment. Though accurate, most all that info was assembled from 30 second to one minute phone conversations - challenging. The car's graphic'ed now and spent 9 hours on the dyno today - they're mapped to .7 bar at this point - with another half day to go tomorrow. If I can learn how to do a .wmv file then I'll post a pull to 8,200rpm, you cannot believe what this thing sounds like. Turbo6bar: you know, your're right, having sent this post in a hurry wireless outside a conference room at work, have not looked at it on this board till now and it does look like an ad. But, no ad required - there's a monthly ad in Excellence for PWR-EFI, I've got Pat's page at #1@328kpage rank on p..w..racing and #3@106k on p..w..porsche at Google so you can't ask for better visibility than that. Phone rings incessantly, and they're booked solid at the moment. No, primary mission was reaching Bruce, rooms are going fast at Sebring. But, you know, now that I think about it, how often do you see someone step up and commission a piece as far outside the box as this? Makes for a good read for you guys if nothing else, and in far more graphic rich detail than the most well funded monthly publication can afford to devote to one vehicle. Realize the racing side of Porsches may be a touch off the radar at this particular forum, but, as I've learned with this PWR-EFI & package engine - by far the best of the 5 engine combo's I've had in this chassis in the last 20 years - modern carefully tuned EFI coupled with two stage spring based suspension enables reaching farther up the ladder of real race machinery for translation to street applications. Standby for another feature at the site on the latest edition of PWR's 911 turbo club sport's for Porsche DE's, this one has PWR-EFI-II, twin plug, integreted rear-supension-tied cage, sunroof delete, coil over+torsions and will be very light. MichiganMatt: Targa eh? Brings back memories - bought my first right out of college in 79, 71E with hydropnuematics & 14 inch fuchs (comfort group), you've got a 3.0litre, those motors were way expensive then, my budget only extended to a ducktail, when my friends were driving Carreras and 930's, gave up and got a Kelley green 73S. Wayne: pic does look a little lousy doesn't it? As mentioned above, tried to edit this one balancing laptop on one forearm and working mouse with other, outcome not good. Blue72s: bore is 92mm and stroke is 65.6mm

Cheerio,
Peter
patwilliamsracing.com

1950 Vincent Rapide - A Red Rapide Experience -
Old 01-27-2005, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: