Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Air Conditioner Lines

I have just finished removing the rest of my air conditioner components hoses and all. My question is. Is their any reason I should keep the hoses or anything else? If I ever were to upgrade and install a new system. Wouldn't all the parts have to be new? Also for anyone thatís going to remove your hoses, applying some electrical wire lubricant electricianís use for pulling wire in conduit makes the job a lot easier. Hoses pull right out of those tight places.
bk
Old 02-11-2005, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

"Hoses pull right out of those tight places."

Not easily if the fittings are on the ends; try pulling a hose with a 90 degree elbow fitting on one end. Old fittings can sometimes be reused (new ferrule kits are available) and old hose and fittings can be used as templates for making new hose assemblies. Jim
Old 02-11-2005, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
To heck with trying to save my hoses. I just pulled out my AC and the hoses were cut with a tree branch clipper to make them easier to remove.

When / if I ever re-install the AC (why would I with a cab), I'll buy new lines.

-Scott
1984 911 Carrera Cab
2007 Cayman
Old 02-11-2005, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks thatís the shove I needed. In the trash they go.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

bkrygier,

Wait, please! If you're going to toss them in the trash, will you toss them in a box and send them to me? I need a complete set, condition unimportant, but it needs to be absolutely COMPLETE with all of the fittings. Let me know what you want for the hassle.

Thanks
Cab
Old 02-11-2005, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I just did this and plan to keep mine. If space is an issue, just cut off the ends and keep them. You never know.
1980 Porsche 911SC w/ -22mm/28mm Torsion Bars | Custom Valved Bilsteins | 22mm/21mm Carrera Sway Bars | Elephant Poly/Bronze Bushings | Carrera Brakes | AJ-USA Brake Cooling | Carrera Oil Cooler w/ Fan | Elephant Strut Brace | Oh, and no ABS or PSM or A/C
Old 02-12-2005, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: