Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to adamnitti
Any Pelicans in the Nashville area?

I recently moved to Franklin (just south of Nashville) from Atlanta and was wondering what kind of presence the 'Pelican-heads' had up here... Atlanta had lots of enthusiast activity but my impression up here so far is that there isn't much going on. There sure are some gorgeous roads up here for some sprited country drives!

I was also wondering where the best P-car shops were in the area? I'm currently searching for my next Porsche and am looking for a reputable place to do a future PPI.

Thanks!!!

...In search of the next 911...
Old 07-06-2005, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
...nobody in the music city????

Old 07-08-2005, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Licensed User

I had been there since September with work until this week.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

We're anticipating a move to the Nashville area in the next few months, I was hoping for a little more activity than this.

Adam, are you a PCA member and is there any activity with the local club?

Bill W.
'88 911 Cab Red/Blk (sold)
Old 08-02-2005, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
durn for'ner

Oops, Jack sees this topic heŽll move it to OT.

Or maybe that just applies to Swedes

Carrera '85
Old 08-02-2005, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by bill3667
We're anticipating a move to the Nashville area in the next few months, I was hoping for a little more activity than this.

Adam, are you a PCA member and is there any activity with the local club?

Bill W.
Hi Bill-

I was a PCA member in Atlanta, but not since I've been in Nashville, so I'm not sure how active things are. To be honest, I don't see much activity on the local PCA websites. Local events seem to be few and far between. I was thinking about taking the initiative and trying to get some events going, myself once I got more connected here, but I've been traveling too much lately to really dig in.

Old 08-02-2005, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I'm just north of Nashville on the other side of the state line and there is very little going on in this area. Hopefully some new/fresh people moving in can help get the motivation going.
1975 911S 25th Anniversary Edition (New addition to the family)
2003 VW Beetle Convertible (Hers)
(I'm not going through midlife crisis, I'm just reliving my childhood obsession!)
www.inhousenetworking.com/911/index.htm
Old 08-02-2005, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
I'm Just 35 miles southeast in Murfreesboro.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Good, there's at least some activity in Nashville. I did a search (Pelican) earlier in the day and found there's a gent (Cal Turner) in the area with a serious P. collection.
see What an awesome collection of Porsches!!!

It may be late fall/early winter before I'll be ready to play again.

Bill W.
'88 911 Cab Red/Blk (sold)
Old 08-02-2005, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearldrum
Quote:
Originally posted by bill3667
Good, there's at least some activity in Nashville. I did a search (Pelican) earlier in the day and found there's a gent (Cal Turner) in the area with a serious P. collection.
see What an awesome collection of Porsches!!!
Holy crap!! That guy is in Nashville?
I'm in Murfreesboro...
Old 10-22-2005, 09:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

i will be mvong to the Bowling Green Ky area in the spring. For those of you that don't know where BG is its 55 miles north of nashville. I would love to get something started out there for the p-car ppl

Brandon
PCA#2004120080
2008 Porsche Certified Parts Professional
1990 944S2 Black/Linen-Club Sport Clone- 187K miles and running strong
Old 10-22-2005, 11:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

The Bowling green has a pretty active KY chapter of the PCA and they have get togethers pretty often too.If you want you can contact Richard at jrhughes47 at hotmail.com to get on the mailing list,hope this helps
Yasir
Old 10-23-2005, 04:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Huntsville (AL) is about 100 mils south of Nashville. We have a small pod of active PCA folks that trip to the Nashville area for events, including a Cal Turner tour.
William Knight (knightrace) is located in Brentwood, I plan to drop in and check out his shop this week.
The EuroFest is held in the fall and includes the Porsche guys as well as the Ferrari club.
The Ferrari club does a mountain drive a couple of times a year down to Huntsville and includes Porsches (they drive right past my house).
So you see there is a mix and match, everyone seems to get along from what I have experienced. Lots of Porsches in Nashville, you just have to do a little searching to find the owners.
WELCOME!
Old 10-23-2005, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
wow. it's great to know there is some mixing and mingling going on between clubs, etc. i'm really looking forward to meeting some of you at future events. man, if this cal fellow is in the nashville area i sure would love to be invited to one of his shindigs!!! where do i sign up?????

on another topic, there sure don't seem to be hardly any (pre 996) 911's for sale in the nashville area (or any other enthusiast cars, for that matter)... what's up with that? does everybody trade their car into the dealer here instead of selling privately, or something? i've been looking at the local classifieds just about every week since moving here in january, and there are hardly any to choose from. i only see newer cars advertised at dealers. it also appears as if the tennessee pca chapter classifieds never have any cars for sale on their sites...

guess i'll have to go back to atlanta to find something!

Quote:
Originally posted by RarlyL8
William Knight (knightrace) is located in Brentwood, I plan to drop in and check out his shop this week.
[edit] oops. forgot to ask... what's the name of william's shop? is he a porsche independent tech?

Last edited by adamnitti; 10-23-2005 at 09:26 AM..
Old 10-23-2005, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
on another topic, there sure don't seem to be hardly any (pre 996) 911's for sale in the nashville area (or any other enthusiast cars, for that matter)... what's up with that?
Thats just the way it is in the area you and I live in. Everyone is into old musle cars and big trucks. A new F250 gets more attention than my P-Car. Or if someone new sees my car usaully the first thing they say is -" Have you seen the new Mustang?" Go figure!! That's okay, it keeps the prices down and gives us more to choose from when looking for the next 911...
Old 10-23-2005, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Hey all.. The Louisville bunch heads to Cal Turners Tenn.Tubs event.Personally haven't been but the guys say it's a good time.Dan

82SC with 95 993 engine
2004 Ford Powerstroke
Old 10-23-2005, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

adamnitti,
I'm new to 911s here in Bowling Green, KY, just north of you. The local PCA had a meeting here last weekend. I didnt make it but there were some awsome cars cruising around! Usually just vettes around here. I picked up an Tenn/Ky Autotrader Mag. recently and it had three or four 911s available in your area. Try one those out. Hope to meet you sometime.
Eric
03' KTM 450sx
05' S2000 (daughters)
Old 10-23-2005, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
thanks, eric!

Old 10-23-2005, 09:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

nice to know that there are some local porsche in the Bowling Green area, when I was there in Aug I think I saw maybe one. hopefully that will change after I get down there

Brandon
PCA#2004120080
2008 Porsche Certified Parts Professional
1990 944S2 Black/Linen-Club Sport Clone- 187K miles and running strong
Old 10-23-2005, 10:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Thread Killer

Garage
Hey Adam, good to see you back here! Just sent you PM.

'02 Ducati Monster 900ie
'18 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L 4wd
Old 10-24-2005, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: