Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Ear Fatigue........... I like that phrase, I think my wife has said that before.
I don't mean anything by that fuelie, it's just funny

Old 10-16-2005, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

I can vouch for the sound QUALITY out of Evan's car !!

DAMN !!!

For a "daily driver" that's as darn near perfect a blend as you could hope for !!!

When you first crank his car over there's a WHAM-WELL-HELLOOoooooo --- purrrrrrrrrr.....

Then, on the road, a twitch of the right foot, and ... SPROING - instant wood !!

My car is a bit more of a track/autocross bastard (at least that's the slow direction it's going) , and honestly I'd like a bit more BLAMMO out of mine (I'd really like to try megaphones someday!!!) but it's not a daily grinder type of car... So I'm thinking a 2-in 2-out sport-type. It's also a 2.2 so sound helps to make up for the lack of GRUNT found in the 3+ liter cars !!
Old 10-16-2005, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Registered

As said before this is always so subjective to the person.. Dual outs are nice but to me to loud for daily use. I have a dual on my car but that sees maybe 2000-3000 miles per year..

914-6 2.4s GT tribute.
914-6werkshop.com manufacturer of 914-6, GT, Conversion parts
Old 10-16-2005, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Evan,
So what you are saying is that it isn't to loud that your wife won't ride in it but it's loud enough so that you can't hear her? Just kidding, I think my wife has been in mine twice this summer and I've put 7K on it. I too can confirm that Evan's car sounds great, I'm hoping Santa bring me one of Ben's mufflers for Christmas - Although I may just say WTF and get a 2 out!

87 911 Targa
06 Toyota Sequoia
Old 10-16-2005, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

HAHAHA!

I think my wife is on the same p-car schedule, about twice a year. If it gets too loud she will give me grief for exposing my boys to possible hearing damage. Huh,...what?

Funny, I didn't notice ear fatigue when I was younger and my stereos were always cranked to 11. Now that I'm in my 40's I notice the sound pressure. After a while I can't take loud noise.

I guess I'm getting old....
Old 10-16-2005, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Ahhh,
Young at heart. If it seems too loud, turn the stereo up!!!!

87 911 Targa
06 Toyota Sequoia
Old 10-16-2005, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Does anyone have any dyno info on these? The consensus is they're light and sound good, but I've not seen any data as to whether they detract from HP or not...
Old 10-16-2005, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Dual oulet can't be as loud as my soon to be bought "shorties". I'll be posting pics sometime next week.
For me, I found the car needed substantially more fuel to achieve a 12.8-13.2 AFR. SW had to adjust the fuel map of the chip he supplied for my car. I'm running SSI's and EX honed 3.2 intakes; Steve couldn't believe how much more fuel the car needed, only after seeing the LM-1 AFR logs did he believe and adjust it.
Keep in mind each car will have a different AFR value; the fact that mine needed more fuel goes to show how much Ben's dual in/single out flows. If I get a chance, I'm going to install the OEM chip to see what AFR value comes out.
Cheers,
j.p.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

JP, when you first set your mix with the SSI and Ben's muffler what was the best you could get according to the LM1? I dont have the RPM thing so I can really only see an idle setting. It was way lean without touching the AFM screw at first. I screwed the mix screw at the AFM all the way in, control valve bypassed, yadda yadda all tthe correct stuff, idle at 880+-, and I still only see 14.9-15.1 at idle. And this is with the afm mix all the way rich.
I guess my question is, how much different is you chip now compared to the "generic" one for SSI+ sport muffler?
i'm guessing I'm going out back and light another pile of money on fire.
thanks
Old 10-16-2005, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Jerry:
Do you want me to send you the LM1 before and after logs??
If so PM me your email.
j.p.

Old 10-16-2005, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: