Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Actually, the floor structure has some points where I should be able to use large and long cable-ties to really lock the sub down to the floor pan, perhaps using the small foam blocks as cushion. I think I will try this and post some images.

The sound is much better when the sub is jammed in tight between the seat and floor!
Old 06-07-2009, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #141 (permalink)

I originally had a custom box under the passenger seat but when I installed the headers and custom Borla I needed more and richer sound. Yes I know who needs a stereo with the beautiful exhaust note yada, yada, yada but I have both at the same time. I went to Pep Boys and bought their 10" double woofer box. I pulled out the funky little horn and tweeter and installed a 3 1/2 " Sony Xplode and an Infinity (I think) horns and rewired with crossovers. This was the first time I ever did anything like this but it was easy. I run dual amps. for the system. My car is loud but you can hear the beautiful crisp stereo without blasting over the exhaust note and it looks pretty custom you just lose your back seats. I pull it out in the matter of minutes for autoX and track days.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)
Transplanted User

Hmm. I really like the idea of the removable rear shelf-mounted array. I rarely do any driving that is umm, unspirited enough that I'd want to listen to music but it does happen. How do you handle the interconnects and mounting?
Matty K. - 82 SC Targa - SCWDP member #0052

"Racing - the sport that requires more than one ball to participate"
Old 06-07-2009, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143 (permalink)

It's heavy and fits pretty snug along with the burlap like texture of the material againt the carpet it doesnt slide and has nowhere to slide to. The back of the box has quick connects. 2 minutes in and out. I only take it out for track events, I had it out today because I took the pictures and it makes a huge sound quality diferance out. My car is LOUD
Old 06-07-2009, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #144 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: