Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

stand alone efi

we are looking for feed back on stand alone ECU set up for your 911 912 914 and so on
what would be the right price for a stand alone that work with your oem sensors
www.emeraldperformance.com

Old 09-17-2005, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

stand alone efi

if you have webbers on the car now all you need to do is get injector bun's welded in to your manifolds and a tps on one side of your throttle body you can use all your OEM sensor's this is the the low budget way to go .if you check the site www.emeraldperformance.com you will see my bug with a low budget set up with carbs as throttle bodys and 8 injectors turbo intercooled .my dyno sheet are there to .
the M3D unit is $1150 +shipping if you wish to go with nae throttle bodys we use jeney throttle bodys www.jenvey.com
stand alone ECU's will fit any engine if you are in the UK you can call emerald on 01953 889 110
Old 09-18-2005, 05:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

we also have free down load on the demo and the manual
Old 09-18-2005, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Question EFI

We are still looking for more feed back on efi up grade for you cars or is the price to high for a efi up grade let us know . check the site for more info on how efi works

Last edited by bug man nrg; 09-21-2005 at 04:26 AM..
Old 09-20-2005, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

ecu

still looking for feed back
Old 09-22-2005, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Compared with Motec the price seems fine. I looked at the Emerald UK site and was left with one big question - do they have any experience with 911 engines. Not critical, but it would be nice to know if they did. Perhaps they are looking for a guinea pig for a Jenvey ITB and Emerald ECU installation? I'd be interested enough to discuss terms.

Richard
Old 09-23-2005, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Guys, email souk or mike @ motomotions.com ; You can get a complete package from them for very reasonable $$$. I'm strongly considering something similar.
They use the megasquirt brain, which is pretty robust and very cheap. You can also check www.msefi.com
Doug
Old 09-23-2005, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Are the first few posts here spam? It is kinda hard to tell........
I will still check out the site and see for myself.

Jeff
997 S 4.0, Boxster 2.7 Race Car, Cayman S 3.8, 958 Cayenne TT, VW GTI 2.1 TSI, Mini Cooper S JCW, Cannondale Supersix EVO SRAM RED E-tap, Cannondale Slice SRAM RED E-tap, Giant Roam Hardtail- to ride with the wife.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by LeRoy
Did I read this correctly. I can use my webers as the throttle bodies?. You could, but may be cheaper to sell them and buy some TWMs or Jenvey's. That may not be ideal. You don't need venturis to reduce pressure to suck fuel like carbs for EFI. Also, you'd have to adapt a Throttle Position Sensor, which is straightforward, but TBs would have that out of the box (or at least have an adaptor).

Do you provide a 911 wiring harness or do I make up my own?
email Mike or Souk and they can provide one. Very reasonably priced, too.
Can I use two injectors per cylinder?
Why? You can size injectors (6 total) for 1000HP, if necessary.
What fuel pump is used?
You need to use a high pressure pump (50 to 80 psi). You could use a Bosch or another aftermarket specifically designed for EFI applications. I saw links to one that was for sale on a supplier page to the MSEFI page which were about $100.
Will the ECU work with the stock Dist? Or will I need to use a crank fire?
You could do either.
How easy is it to program once it is installed?
I believe it is straightforward, maybe not easy. Do some reading at MSEFI.com and you'll find A LOT of info, including forums like this with people doing it themselves. There are hundreds if not thousands of threads with the most basic questions to very advanced ones.

Good luck - do some reading and you'll probably have all of the answers and more.

LeRoy
Old 09-23-2005, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Like I said earlier.......

Cheers
997 S 4.0, Boxster 2.7 Race Car, Cayman S 3.8, 958 Cayenne TT, VW GTI 2.1 TSI, Mini Cooper S JCW, Cannondale Supersix EVO SRAM RED E-tap, Cannondale Slice SRAM RED E-tap, Giant Roam Hardtail- to ride with the wife.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Can this unit be programmed to use the Factory cylinder head temp sensor? Also, is it possible to use 2 oxygen sensors?, one for each bank.
Geoff.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

stand alone

yes you can use your carbs as TB,s.your fuel no longer going to the carb's you would weld injector bungs in your manifolds and new fuel rails. the tps fits on the carb spindle's .Here in the USA we have done 911's .
We will not use you like lab rats .The loom that we send out is a open ended loom that works with most makes of cars from alfa to Volvo's .
You can download from the site and try it out you can also get the manual from the site to .
We have not use two o2 sensors on the Porsche we use a wide band o2 sensor on the dyno.you can use the factory dizzyor you can do crank trigger or crank trigger + dizzy .the post are not spam we are new in the USA and we are building a data base of cars in the US like Toyota's/ ford/ Honda/ Nissan / Porsche 911/914/912 /BMW and so on
you con use the factory cylinder head temp sensor

Old 09-23-2005, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

stand alone

The only problem we have is that know one read the manual they go to the wiring page then call for help!
Did you down load the demo .so you can play with it .
On the live mapping page
fuel on the key board
1 will take you back to where you started
2 takes out fuel
3 add fuel

timing on the key board
+ add timing
- takes out timing
0 will 0 your trim you just made
if you need info go to the site www.emeraldperformce.com or email
Old 09-24-2005, 05:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

It must be noted that my problems were mostly from lack of spelled out info for the mega squirt. Once someone lets you into the world of info it is better .. I still would do it again (bitzracing kit that is) I would be concerned with the motomotion kit as it looks great but there is only 1 kit installed as far as I can tell. And from my inquires in the beginning to them indicates that its not on the fast track to the market place.. 1600 for the bitz kit was worth it but the biggest thing would be NO downloads but rather some sort of cd driver for your lap top..

914-6 2.4s GT tribute.
914-6werkshop.com manufacturer of 914-6, GT, Conversion parts
Old 09-24-2005, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Somewhere in the Midwest

Wrong Ben. We are already selling the kit. And I recall, Mike was there offering help when you couldn't even figure out how to interface your PC to the MS. (shaking head) There is nothing special about the set up that requires multiple test vehicles. Our package is simply a step up from other MS kits, because we offer ITB. If anyone is interested in the kit, they should contact us directly, for the facts...all of them.

Last edited by MotoSook; 09-24-2005 at 08:06 AM..
Old 09-24-2005, 08:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

souk you are right Mike did offer to help. I should say I tried several times to contact you guys and we kept missing eachother so I went else where.. Your ITB kit looks nice however how proven is it?? I know you think That I am not at the engineer level but rest assured I have trouble shot and rebuilt over 300 aircraft engines including the military unmanned predetor

So I am really am not an idiot I just like fast response and good upfront info

Nuff said and pretty sick of the side bar coments

914-6 2.4s GT tribute.
914-6werkshop.com manufacturer of 914-6, GT, Conversion parts
Old 09-24-2005, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Wink

I am a big fan of the Elecromotive's TEC 3 system my self.
I have had great success using it. It has it all.

Check out the article in Jim Pasha's Tech forum in the latest Excellence magazine.

See http://www.clewett.com/

Check us out on Facebook and give us a Like
https://www.facebook.com/AirCooledClassicsPorsche/
Old 09-24-2005, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Fast response? huh? I left you multiple unreturned messages at the contact number you provided for me.

As far as proven goes, the combination of ITB's and aftermarket engine management has been proven. TWM throttle bodies have been used on 911's for years and the Megasquirt ECU's/relay boards/injector harnesses are all tested prior to shipping. The only thing unproven is the tuning ability of the end user, but we do have fuel/spark maps that will get them started in the process.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Oldporsche
Cool

It looks like to me that you pays your money and takes your choices.

Welding bungs into an intake manifold or carb base to use the butterflys and linkage is the way to go if you want to spend a lot of money on the engine management package.

Individual stacks of some sort with a more modest expenditure on the engine management is the other way to go.

The obvious high profile (Bling) spender will do it with the individual stacks and the high dollar engine management system.

I guess for us bottom feeders, a set of junk carbs and a modestly priced engine management system will be the way to go. There is also a efi injector adapter kit available that does away with the costly fuel rails!

David Duffield

BTW, did you get a load of that Stroseck bug? With all that money spent on the car, why use carb bodies?

Last edited by Oldporsche; 09-24-2005 at 03:47 PM..
Old 09-24-2005, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

stand alone

the carb body's are used to show a low budget set up will make power .we can put on the twm or the jevey body's and it would make more power but that bug is a hand full with the power it has

Old 09-24-2005, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: