Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobboloo
Yep, I could smell Todds' tires in front of me a couple times. Decker was great.
I had a blast trying to keep up with you two. What a great day!
It's fun to see my car made it in a few pictures as well. I'll get a some of mine up before tomorrow.

90 964 - Weekly Driver
2003 Celica - Daily Driver
78 911 SC - SOLD
Old 09-18-2005, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ScottKelly911
Great Pix guys, looks like you had a great run today. I wish I could have made it out today. But atleast I got to do a little bit of my own canyon carving on my way back from Big Bear. BTW, who's the hottie with the F-Car?
Gruppe B #22
Current: 2001 996 Turbo
Past: 1972 Targa Carrera RS Clone w/3.6 - The one that got away , 1975 911, 1975 914, 1976 914, 1966 912, 1968 912

Last edited by ScottKelly911; 09-18-2005 at 07:07 PM..
Old 09-18-2005, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
=VLOOKUP(val,tab,col,rng)

Garage
Looks like good fun..

And that Turbo Cab on 3PC Fuchs ! :wow:
Old 09-18-2005, 07:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Two thumbs WAY up to Jack for organizing a great, safe, fun drive. Good turnout of cars and people. Amazing roads & scenery. Good to meet a lot of you LA guys finally and see some of the SOCG ranks venturing north beyond the curtain. I tried to hang as best as I could, but, like Todd, my navigator succumbed to the G-forces, and I had to ratchet it down several notches. Thank God she missed the door sill when emptying her breakfast on the side of the road. Already looking forward to the New Year's run!

Heyyyyyy.... that thing doesn't sound like a 4 cylinder...

Early morning coffee ritual. And waiting for Jack and Tyson to show up. Probably late because they were out partying with movie stars all night.

Techweenie explaining "technical" things... even Jack's stumped.

Wayne's ride. Don't ask him what's going on with his F-car.

Sweet 930.

Old 09-18-2005, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the nice drive folks. I'll perfect the V8 ice cream bar and be sure to make the next run with a little less carb flooding in the tight turns. It was nice seeing a bunch of nice Porsches getting a bit of a work out as well as some great non P-car rides right in the mix.
1993 Ford Super Duty Racecar Hauler
Old 09-18-2005, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Great pics! Who brought the yellow Fiat to the party?
1987 911 Guards Red Targa, nearing 200,000 miles, lowered, 7's & 8's, 964 grind cams from John Dougherty, A.P.E. Mass Flow Sensor with chip to match, cat bypass, strut brace, dual out muffler. Will consider newer model in 8 years when I turn 75 and then maybe not.
2012 BMW 528i (wife's)
2007 Toyota FJ (rain and off road days)
Old 09-18-2005, 08:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

I had a blast on the drive!

I was very lucky. First, I was in tow with the Pheonix Red 914-6. The exhaust note was really in your face raw. It was wonderful.

Next, I followed Richard's Ferrari. That motor under acceleration is sonic bliss. It brought back memories of Gilles Villeneuve's Ferrari 312 at Long Beach--wow. Too bad for me that he had to make a hurl stop for his passenger. My son-in-law hung tough. He said he was only slightly queezy.

Again, the drive was a blast. Thank you Jack.

Sincerely,

Mike

Last edited by MOMO3.2; 09-18-2005 at 09:11 PM..
Old 09-18-2005, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by jtratza
The exotic 360 Challenge Stradale and the exotic GF both belong to Richard (Motion), who's living proof that there are plenty of good reasons to enjoy life on the orange side of the curtain.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
Porsche Crest

Here's a few more for the collection...

Pre Game Warmup

Enjoying the Coffee and the Conversation

Wayne's new ride

Pair of Aces

Nice Turbo!

Strategy Meeting

Da@& there's a lot of P Cars here!

Can we go now?

90 964 - Weekly Driver
2003 Celica - Daily Driver
78 911 SC - SOLD
Old 09-18-2005, 09:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:

Oh, ouch!

That would be Motion. He's a dedicated Porsche owner for sure.

His other ride is a gorgeous red 993 Cab and he's taken it on many runs over the years. Take a look at his signature for a pic.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Banned

I hear these things are high maintenance, always in the shop and when it is time to sell, boy do you lose your shirt.

Old 09-18-2005, 09:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Warren Hall Student

Garage
Quote:
I hear these things are high maintenance, always in the shop and when it is time to sell, boy do you lose your shirt.
Good stuff Mulholland

Here's a Decker Canyon casualty. I guess it's just as well that I didn't have my rear sway installed considering I lost my front sway on Decker.
Dang German spot welds. Nothing a little mig weld can't fix.

Warren Hall 1950 - 2008
_____"Early_S_Man"_____
Old 09-18-2005, 10:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Banned

...What is classic is that "rough road ahead" sign in the distance...lol

Regarding above weld issue: Ya, Decker, Mulholland and a little Yerba Buena can do that to the best of them!

edit:...just playin' Motion!

Last edited by Mulhollanddose; 09-18-2005 at 11:41 PM..
Old 09-18-2005, 11:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Thanks for defending my P-car honor, Scott! It was the Fiat's maiden voyage on Mullholland. Had to break her in the right way... now going to spend the day cleaning all the oil off of the front of her
Old 09-19-2005, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

WOW.
That was a great time.
No problems with my ride, thank god.
It was nice to meet all of you so-cal ya hoo's.
No wonder it's the porsche capitol.
Hope to get in on another one.

thanks everyone

85 911 cab - red
ongoing work in progress
Old 09-19-2005, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
Im going to have to come out for one of these.Looks like a great time.
MID9 #4

if i cant play with it ,,i dont want to own it
Old 09-19-2005, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Son of a.......

Nice ride, Richard. Yes, I mean the car.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Unregistered

Hay Wayne, what's up with the F-car? Oops, I wasn't supposed to ask that

Looks like I missed a good one. I spent about 15 minutes yesterday autocrossing, and 7 hours getting sunburned while cornerworking.
That is toooo long for an English/Irish guy like me to stand in the sun. Plus I really didn't care for the gangsta rap they were playing in th parking lot so loud no one could hear the anouncements. Long story.
I think I would have rather been with you guys.

On the drive home all I could think of was "never again" but we all know that's a lie.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by motion
Thanks for defending my P-car honor, Scott! It was the Fiat's maiden voyage on Mullholland. Had to break her in the right way... now going to spend the day cleaning all the oil off of the front of her
It was great meeting you at last. I thought it was impressive that you were willing to take that Eye-talian beastie out in the twistes. Your navigator was even more impressive. But to me, the most impressive thing of all was the spare/backup navigator that showed up at lunch... you really know the value of being prepared!

:-)
2018 Chevy Volt dd/parts fetcher
Old 09-19-2005, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to jfw834 Send a message via Skype™ to jfw834
Quote:
Originally posted by 450knotOffice
BTW, did you guys see the skid marks that went straight off the road and into the canyon? Somebody had a REALLY bad day.
on decker? yes.....tristan and I just kinda looked at each other.....i can only hope he wasn't going so fast when he hit that rim on the roads edge.....even so.....

on a better note, thanks to JO for another great get-together. I felt like the pace of this run was well suited for all and we drove with not only fun, but also safety in mind. We're lucky to have these roads, let alone these cars, to drive them in and it's great being in a group of real enthusiasts like pelican.

tristan flew back to canada today and had a blast as well. he took some amazing photos and i'm sure will post them. if not, i will get them up here.....cheers!

Old 09-19-2005, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: