Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I'll have pics up in a few weeks after I close on the house, but I am about to be the proud father of a 1825 sq ft garage. Its being outfited with 6 large bays, with one bay being a workshop/entertainment area. Other specs:

Race Deck Flooring
4-post lift
2-post lift
compressed air to all bays
internet, sattellite tv, 6 speaker audio
shower and bathroom
Gladiator cabinets

The pics will be up on my website (see signature) in a few weeks. Keep on eye out for it.

2003 996 Carrera 2 Coupe
2003 Ferrari 575M
Old 09-30-2005, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
In the shop at Pelican

here's my garage, took a little over two weeks to put it up after I poured the slab. Stil getting everything organized
Old 09-30-2005, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
In the shop at Pelican

Old 09-30-2005, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
i dont believe you
you still have the best garage i have ever seen. that door is amazing! is that one of those bowl sinks? the art on the wall...that would have tools thrown thru them in my "cave". nice!
Old 09-30-2005, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered

Jared, aren't you in LA? Where'd you put up that structure in Los Angeles? I've got garage envy!
Old 09-30-2005, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Matt_C Send a message via AIM to Matt_C
Quote:
Originally posted by GFORCED
Here's mine. I stained the floor black with an acid, had the cabinets built, installed seating booth and stereo system, and wet bar area that covers washer and dryer. Great place to hang out.

It's good to be the King!
Old 09-30-2005, 09:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Looks like Jared Fenton actually does work in his.

Note the sunlights - really cuts the power bills - tho in a cold climate, the thin walls will really up the power bills.

And - shouldn't there be a crest near that propeller logo?

I'll second the need for many many elec. outlets. I put some on the walls above the bench (chargers, bench tools) and some in the outer rim of the bench support (easier to plug in portable tools, etc.) - got the idea from a book on making wood shops.

Lots of shelving - decide what you want on the L & on the R and what you want in the front of the car and in the rear. Adj. shelving is useful so you can change it.

I insulated my garage and put up some spare T-1-1-1 siding on the inside (or you can nail up plywood) - it ain't coming apart for any ordinary earthquake; it helps insulate the house (it's attached) and is easier to heat in the winter if I want to do work on the car then. Also easy to nail hangers for stuff to the siding. I spray painted the siding white so it would have more light inside there. (Note the black floor above - absorbs light, and makes it hard to find anything you drop on the floor - tho he doesn't work there, so no matter).

I'm not a fan of painting the floor - looks too fru fru, comes off in shreds, and makes it slippery. If I was pouring a new floor I'd use a coloring agent in the concrete tho. - a light color - tan or something.

- Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Last edited by randywebb; 10-02-2005 at 08:34 PM..
Old 09-30-2005, 09:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by GFORCED
Here's mine. I stained the floor black with an acid, had the cabinets built, installed seating booth and stereo system, and wet bar area that covers washer and dryer. Great place to hang out.

Where is the pole and "exotic" dancers?
1970 911T Coupe, 1979 911SC Targa Euro, 1971 Honda CT70 HK Trail 70 (the ultimate in two wheeled transportation)
Old 09-30-2005, 10:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Registered

Dumb question but won't floor paint come off onto your tires?
Old 10-02-2005, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
The only things a garage needs are cars, lift, tools and more cars. Lots and lots of cars.

Best regards,
Gerry
65 Chev Nova 385 Race, 85 Chevy Rollback
97 Ford Exp. EB, 90, 91 Toy PU
Old 10-02-2005, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
breathe, pause, think.

Quote:
Originally posted by 911Velocity
The only things a garage needs are cars, lift, tools and more cars. Lots and lots of cars.

Best regards,
Gerry
I'm workin' on it, I'm workin' on it!!...
Old 10-02-2005, 09:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Recreational User

Old 10-02-2005, 10:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Nice! Curious, how much is it to have a hoist installed? What's required?
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 10-02-2005, 10:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Forget the hoist - that is a LOT of real estate to pay for at Seattle rates!

Or maybe you bought in the '70's or something?

- Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Old 10-03-2005, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Recreational User

Randy, you worry about peoples (read: MY) finances too much!

What I love is the fact the 4-post lift doubles as a stacked parking garage... you know, maximizing that expensive real estate! No cost to install, just un-crate it and assemble it... it's free standing and can be moved around with the appropriate add-on kit.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Darryl, approx how much are the 4 post hoists? I'm going to be building a 3 car garage, with the 3rd spot reserved for a vehicle hoist
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 10-03-2005, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Recreational User

Hey WydRyd!

They can be had for about $3000 delivered and I set mine up myself. It is a very simple device and easy to break-down and take with you when you move. It just sits on 4 legs and does not require any anchor bolts. I use the heck out of mine and love it.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Darryl, how much clearance to you need around it and how high does the ceiling need to be?

'68 911 Ossi Blue coupe
Old 10-04-2005, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Recreational User

Hey Bill!

I've got a 12' ceiling in my garage and there's at least 2' to spare when I raise my 911 so I can stand under it... so 10 feet would do... less if you can crouch down when you work under the car.

As far as clearance around the lift, normal door opening space in your garage would be more than enough side-wise. Front to rear, say 1' added to each end of the lift's length would be enough.

The biggest challenge I faced was modifying my 7' garage door so the tracks hugged the ceiling to clear a car in the raised position.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Garage
The lift gets more valuable as you get less flexible(older!).
Not to mention, making a three car garage out of a two.

It's by far my favourite tool!

'72 911E Coupe
Early "S" #1065
Old 10-04-2005, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: