Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
1985 Carrera Coupe

Garage
RANDY P,

I agree about the DOT documentation. The bizarre and frustrating thing, to me, is that of the four Euros that I've looked at, none of the owners had any conversion documentation.

Art

Old 10-09-2005, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
Originally posted by oly
island911,

Thanks for the pictures! Except for the seat, the seller did not mention any of the other stuff. He said that he had the seat repaired. Were those the only problems that you found? Other than the car pulling well, did it drive okay?

Art
Your're welcome.

As I wrote earlier I thought the car pulled/drove as a euro should. Denis thought his slightly tweaked 911SC pulled harder. I really don't remember all that much beyond what I've said. It did have the 28 row cooler, ect ... Maybe pm Denis (Speeder) for his 2 bit worth.

IMO, I would want to see factory sportseats, 7&8's in/on that car (for 18-20k) I mean, sure no sunroof . . .. better for the track, I suppose. --but not with those seats and wheels. (strange balance) -tho' I did like the cloth (comfy)

Also, the color; If you want a track car, don't go with a pretty metallic either. -- it will get sand blasted.

edit: adding seats & wheels, the price is getting way up there.

Last edited by island911; 10-09-2005 at 10:28 AM..
Old 10-09-2005, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
1985 Carrera Coupe

Garage
Summary of Denis' input:

passed on it @ about ~$12-13k one year ago

was an OK car, nothing terrible about it but not in exceptional condition either

was 100% stock and original including things that should have been changed like shocks

performance was nothing special but it was all just a matter of tuning IMO.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
1985 Carrera Coupe

Garage
I was cleaning out my old files and found my own record of the sale of this car on eBay. Amazing what you can forget that you have and then find!

In case anyone is interested:

Winning bid:
US $15,755.00
Ended:
Jan-26-05 18:22:11 PST
1984 Porsche 911 Carrera LOW MILES NO RESERVE

Miles:

Doors:
2 doors

Transmission:
Manual

Interior:
Black

Engine:
6 - Cyl.

Year:

Warranty:
No

VIN Number:
Get the Vehicle History Report

Title:
Clear

Exterior:
Blue
Condition:
Used
Inspection:
Inspected
Options
CD Player
Anti-Lock Brakes
Air Conditioning
Power Locks
Power Windows

I AM RELISTING THE AUCTION DO TO A NON PAYING BIDDER. PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION BEFORE BIDDING, 0 OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK BIDDERS EMAIL ME FIRST!! THE NON PAYING BIDDER WAS themanwiththemini, I LEFT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK SO FEEL FREE TO CHECK IT OUT. VIN# WPOZZZ91ZES101407 You are looking at a 1984 Porsche 911 Carrera with only 81,000 original California miles and completely rust free. This is a European model that has been converted to California standards, has a California title, and was just smogged on 1/6/2005. This car is light metallic blue on black leather with cloth inserts. This car is 100% original with NO signs of any previous accident damage or paintwork. The paint and interior are like new as you can see in the pictures above. Carfax shows that this is a ONE OWNER California car. The car has been completely safety inspected. The tires on the car are near new, the brake pads are about 70%, car runs very strong and idles great, and the A/C blows ice cold. The clutch has good resistance and the gears shift smooth. Since this car is a eurocar it has a lot more power and has the unique interior with the leather and cloth inserts. Eurocars are very hard to find and very desirable especially when already converted to California specs. This car is offered with NO RESERVE so bid with confidence.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Custom User Title

A No Reserve car selling at $15,700. Granted, the winning bidder did not pay, but it's another data point on what the market thinks of the car.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Registered

Waaay too expensive for an average car.
You can find another one from a fellow pelican in a much better condition at a much lower price.

-Jasper
Old 10-14-2005, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

1985 Carrera Coupe

Garage
Thanks everybody, you've given me peace of mind that at this price, the car was not for me.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
durn for'ner

In the original post:

"1984 Euro Carrera Lightweight".

Lightweight ? Never heard of a 1984 Lightweight. What does that mean ?

Or is it just as opposed to the US version ? Or referring to "sun-roof delete" ?

If thats it....yeehaa I´ve got a Lightweight Carrera !!!

Carrera '85
Old 10-19-2005, 04:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: