Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
I'm with Bill

Quote:
Originally posted by Flank
That mini van looks like mine. Last year at Sebring, during the lunch break for the HSR races, I took the same mini van for some laps around the Sebring full course. A Corvette driver behind me says to the corner worker "I'm not driving behind that piece of @#$%." It was a lot of fun and major tire squeal.
The owner of Pettit racing in west Palm Beach has a Toyota Rav4 that is turbo charged, has coil overs and huge swaybars, but, looks stock. He freaks people out on the track with that car.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Black Betty
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 10-07-2005, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Thumbs up

Yea Man!
It's 30 minutes from our front door.
Its a blast to drive. But we have lots of cool roads here.
That don't have all the traffic. The last time I was up there was a couple of months ago. I took the 3.6L 72RSR I built up there for a little drive. My wife said I had a big sh_t eaten grin on my face when I got back. Just me and the sound of motor music! Ah yea!
If your ever in this area stop in and see us and make time to go to the Dragon. You won't be disappointed!
Check us out on Facebook and give us a Like
www.facebook.com/AirCooledClassicsPorsche/
Old 10-07-2005, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Yes, I've attended three "get togethers" down there. But all on motorcycles. Fantastic area! But Rt 29 north is a much better road than the dragon IMO.........
Photo Album
http://public.fotki.com/Rbertalotto/
Old 10-08-2005, 03:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Bill is Dead.

If you have the bandwidth for some big files, you can get video of the Dragon right here.

If there ever is a planned Pelican run of the Dragon, please please please let me know!!!

There is always a lot of bikes up there, and usually some photographers who sell their photos to the drivers. Fall gets kinda slow going due to leaf lookers.

cashflyer
www.clemsonscc.com
Old 10-09-2005, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Ok someone pick a date and we'll see if it can be put togeather. We are running out og good weather so lets do it. The leaf people will be gone around?????????
I'm in.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Hey Guys,
We are having a real late fall here this year.
Usually by now the leaves have had peaked and are falling.
But right now all the leaves are still on the trees and haven't turned color yet. So we have a few of weeks till the leaves have peaked. Right after they have fallen isn't good either there SLICK.
I would be happy to be the host for the 1st Annual Pelicans at the Dragon Run.
There is lots of good restaurants and entertainment here in Knoxville.
I think it would be a blast!
We could all meet up at the shop.
But I don't have the time to do the organizing.
We will out PCA racing the first weekend in Nov and Dec.
Any other dates are good for me.

Old 10-09-2005, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Redefines "trust". All I have to say is-she's a keeper!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Never did the Dragon. I'll sign on to a Pelican drive if one is announced. I get down to the Pig Trail (C/D top ten driver's road)in Arkansas each spring and fall. Like the Dragon, it's loaded full of bikes, BMWs, Porsches, and line crossers. I was with a group stuck behind a not so fast, but trying hard, driver. A group on BMW bikes felt it okay to PASS on tight blind corners. I had two of them within inches of me, on my left, on a tight, blind, lefthand curve. Had a car, truck, or otherwise been coming the other way, they would have scraped those two off my door as I would have held my line rather than bail into the trees because of two *********s.

Our group wasn't without incident either. Lots of line crossers that got scolded at regroup stops. I had one guy in a stock BMW 2002 try to hold the same line as my highly modified 02 at speed. In my mirror I saw him severely understeer into the oncoming lane and presumably into oblivion. Later I was told that he and two others, tight on his tail, basically crossed the entire lane and ended up parked in the opposite lanes gravel.

Thankfully, we've never had an incident that couldn't be driven from. Each year we work to increase awareness and stress safety and staying within one's limits. We're doing the "Pig" Saturday the 29th this year. I'll forward info to those who would like to attend.

PS-I have a mini-van exactly like that one. Same color and everything. It's been handed down to my sixteen year old daughter. When was that pic taken??

Last edited by SLO-BOB; 10-09-2005 at 03:12 PM..
Old 10-09-2005, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Ok I'll pick a weekend. How about the weekend of nov5 or the 19th. These are the only weekends that the wife and I both have nothing on the books If we get some people togeather we can decide which side to meet on. Lets do it we can't let the left coasters have all the fun run glory! I'll make a post in OT to see if some more people will belly up.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Why not plan for the spring like very early spring before the bikers show up. Its kind of last minute if you do it 4 weeks from now, although I am going to try like hell to go. I have always wanted to hit the dragon. The MINI crowd goes every year and when I had my MINI I was just not interested in going with 300+ cars.

Hmmmm... maybe in 4 weeks is a good idea.
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Black Betty
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 10-10-2005, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I can do the 19th.
I'll be out PCA club racing at CMP on the weekend of the 5th.
I don't think the leaves will be gone by the 5th.
Its gona be 80 here tomorrow and the leaves haven't even started changing color yet.

Here is what the experts around there say.
Estimated Peak Period: Normally 3rd week of October, however it seems to be a at least 2 weeks slow this year. Due to the unusually warm weather.

Last edited by Porsche Doc; 10-11-2005 at 06:53 PM..
Old 10-10-2005, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
3 restos WIP = psycho

The Kawasaki Triples Club has a meet on this stretch of road every year (at Deals Gap). It is famous among bikers and import racers; lots of cops nowadays supposedly. That said, supposedly one of the best stretches of driving road in the US.

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930
Old 10-10-2005, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Sooner is always better. So November should work out just fine - if we can get a firm date I'll see if the local contingent of P-cars is up for the drive. Want to meet at the North end or the South end?
Mods include: Kokeln IC, GHL Headers, Hooligan muffler, Modified K27 7200, BL WUR, LC-1 & XD-16, Bilstein Sports (4), TRG sway bars, Oversize torsion bars, Strut brace
Old 10-10-2005, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

I'm in, if it is not the 19/20 of November as I am Safety Steward at an Evo school that weekend. Should I bring the V710's

Peter

2005 F150 FX4 + Trailex
Old 10-11-2005, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: