Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
A Marchand fan before you

Garage
Bosch Washing Machine

The old washer gave up the ghost last night so I went out and bought a new one. While out looking, I ran across Bosch washing machines. Amazing. Porsche content: the door weighs 3 times more than a standard washer door and you have to really give it a heave to close it properly (just like my 911). I laughed and told the sales girl that I always have to tell my friends that "its OK to slam the door on a Porsche, they were built to be solid". Apparently the German washers are the same way.

Old 10-09-2005, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I would say get one, however I work for Siemens and we own the Bosch appliance division, if everyone buys one I might actually get a Christmas bonus this year.
1980 911 SC
1999 996 Cab
Old 10-09-2005, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Bosch products are usually top of the line. Bosch makes power tools that are amazing. their dishwashers are supposed to be outstanding compared to other high end appliances too.

Mike
Old 10-09-2005, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

We got one a few months back. Best washing machine we ever had. Washes the clothes very well with something like half the water. Just make sure you cut the soap down. You don't want to find out what happens if you put the regular amount in.

GB
Old 10-09-2005, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

I have many Bosch power tools and they are often the class of the field.

Their dishwashers are legendarily quiet. I think Viking buys their units from bosch, then puts their handles and faces on them.

The front load washing machines as a type use less water and are less prone to vibration than the standard top load.

I spec Bosch washers and dryers in the houses I design. (And Vking DWs, due to the stainless steel compatibility issues)
Old 10-09-2005, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

All true. I have a Bosch dishwasher (got it for 1/2 price) and a couple of power tools. Sometimes P/C or Milwaukie or DeWalt are better - it depends on the tool and who just pushed the envelope this year. But Bosch is generally very high quality in everything they do (I make an exception for the corner sander they made...)

- Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Old 10-09-2005, 08:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
I've got a Bosch washer and dryer, I slam the door on the washer just to hear it close. The dryer door is another story.
The spin cycle on the washer sounds like a 747 spooling up, I usually don't let it go to the full possible rpm (it's adjustable) as
it seems like overkill. Pretty good quality, just a little on the small side.

97 C4S
'04 330i
'08 Cayenne S
'07 4.8 X-5
Old 10-09-2005, 08:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Gotta to agree about the washer and dryer the washer cleans great and is very quite. The Dishwashers are almost silent when they run.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

BTW - just discovered that Bosch bought Roto-Zip...

- Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Old 10-10-2005, 10:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
MBruns for President

Garage
We just bought Bosch washer and dryer - they work great
Old 10-11-2005, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Hmmmmm. Our Bosch dishwasher caught on fire and nearly burned down our house. Consumer Protection Agency hauled away the remains to inspect it. They wern't sure wheather it was the diswasher or an installation problem (it was professionally installed) and I havn't heard the final verdict yet. It was quiet... before it tried to kill us.

I can say that the Bosch consumer relations people were less than helpful.

Carl Muckley
Old 10-11-2005, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
I have a Bosch diswasher, it's been fine for the last 5 years or so. Then again, I'm not exacty Suzy Homemaker...
Various VWs
Old 10-11-2005, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Irrationally exuberant

Garage
In the interest of completeness you might want to read this thread in OT:
Bosch Dishwasher Stuck
-Chris
Old 10-11-2005, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

We have the other German appliance maker dishwasher Miele. If you think a Bosch washer is quite, you should listen to a Miele. You have to keep opening the door to tell if it is running.

Bosch appliances are considered like Chevy and Miele are considered BMW in the appliance business.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by charlesbahn
(it was professionally installed)
Oh that mean some high school drop out that didn't go to trade school or enter into an apprentice program to become a journey man in some trade installed the dishwasher.

Old 10-12-2005, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: