Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Body Shop in SF Bay Area - Front Pan rusted

Hi!

Over the weekend I thought I would seal the light rust I saw in the trunk right by the battery box and on the crossover in front of the tank.

I saw that a piece was actually "eaten" through...this raised some questions, and I further inspected the car, only to find some nice cracks in the front pan right at the A-Arm attachements (this was neatly covered with some body schutz by the PO).

I am looking for a good shop, with decent price.

Parts wise, if I have to pick-em up, Restoration Design seems to have what I need for a very reasonnable price. Does anybody have any complaints about these guys?

As always, thanks for any advice!

Old 10-10-2005, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
...is my Daughter

My friend had International Autobody in San Bruno install flares on his 911. The results looked good. Talk to Johnny (650 430 8733). I'm thinking of using them to paint my 911.

Felmir Singson RGruppe #479
"Living the rest of my life, one minute at a time"
Old 10-10-2005, 10:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Felmir for the info. I will add these guys to my address book.
In the mean time, I found Bodystyle in San Jose, CA
It looks like they are top-notch.
The car is going there next week...it looks like it isn't that bad...it will still hurt the wallet, and set few projects back...but it has to be done!

I have a question: where do you park 6 cars in Silicaon Valley?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Avery
My friend had International Autobody in San Bruno install flares on his 911. The results looked good. Talk to Johnny (650 430 8733). I'm thinking of using them to paint my 911.
International Autobody in San Bruno are the guys who put together my RSR clone. Not very sophisticated looking shop, but very-very good work, reasonable prices and good knowledge of Porsches. Great people to work with!
Vlad

Old 10-11-2005, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
...is my Daughter

ZaFreds:

I'm sitting on almost an acre in Menlo Park and my garage/parking lot is in the back of the property so I have the room for alot more cars. We're surrounded by trees so no one can spy on my skunk works. I'm having a 4 car garage installed next month complete with two post lift. Can't wait. Old two car garage will be cnverted to guest room.

I rebuild 911 motors for my Porsche buddies so I have an engine dyno which is kinda cool. You should drop by sometime if interested in seeing the place. Feel fee to call me. 650 329 9799.

Vlad....your car is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing those pictures. What sort of motor is in that thing?

Felmir Singson RGruppe #479
"Living the rest of my life, one minute at a time"
Old 10-11-2005, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Avery
ZaFreds:

Vlad....your car is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing those pictures. What sort of motor is in that thing?
tricked out 3.2 ...
Motor was built by Garry at GD Racing (just across from International Auto Body). It's got bunch of stuff done to it, moves that 2100 lb car pretty quick

Old 10-11-2005, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
WOW! That is a freaking nice car!

I am a long way from an RSR replica...though I am actually more into the 911...it is a little more of a "sleeper" look
Thanks for the info!
I will have this address to look into going forward.
1 acre in Menlo Park, CA...I just need to work another 911 years...
Old 10-11-2005, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I've heard good things about Bodystyle.

Just up the street from Bodystyle is Springers, they put my truck back together and did an outstanding job and guaranteed their work for life. They don't specialize in Porsches though, but I can't say enough good things about them. They sent me constant status updates by email, sent pictures of their work, kept to their schedule and delivered on time, on budget. The quality of work was outstanding, there is no way to tell where the damage was. Three years later, it still looks factory. Just a happy customer, no affiliation.

Scott.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Send a message via AIM to VZ935
The guys at Interntional on Montgomery Street in San Bruno are real good..We call him Big Russian John...Gary Dielacher is across the street...Gary used to support my race car in the 90's..built the motor etc, John painted it...we cleaned up a lot of races with that car...I wouldn't hesitate to go to John or Gary .

m325six...that orange bumper in the background of the pictures of your car when it was in the body shop are for THE Jagermiester 74 RSR owned by John Byrnes...International painted that car too and Gary across the street takes care of it...I spent hours cleaning the rear deck lid for Parade one year on that damn car...but man it looked good!

Last edited by VZ935; 10-12-2005 at 08:44 PM..
Old 10-12-2005, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: