Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

detailing tool: foam squeegees

Does anyone know who sells the foam squeegees like I saw at the Porsche Parade swap meet in Hershey? They're like a California Water Blade but made of soft, black foam like a Nerf Football. Anyone? Thanks.

Old 10-10-2005, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

I just saw one in Griot's Gagage latest catalog. It's not on their website. Probably needlessly expensive from Griot's, but they do give a lifetime warranty on all of their products.

Steve
Old 10-10-2005, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I recently bought the squeegee from Griot's. The foam doesn't squeegee the water very well, and it's difficult to use on the 'curvy' surfaces. It does shorten the 'towel time', but don't expect to squeegee your car dry!

Just my 2 cents worth.
73.5 911T Targa - long gone...
Founder ncPOG: nevada county Porsche Owners Group - est. 2005 w/150+ members
Old 10-10-2005, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

a leaf blower is the ticket for an absolutely scratch free drying experience - just avoid touching the car - with the nozzle of the blower.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Any other resources besides Griot's? Anyone got a manufacturer name? Actually, I want one for my shower. I use a water blade on the cars to save on towel time.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

I like the California Sqeegie that Pep boys and Target sells. It is a rubber blade but does not scratch the surface and does a very effective job of removing bulk water.

Just used mine and one super soaker rag and I dried three cars, one truck and motorcycle in about 20 minutes!
'73 911T Targa Signal Yellow
'78 911SC backdate
Old 10-10-2005, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Not to belabor the point, but... I like the CA water blade, too. Problem is, it squeals when using it in the shower. So much so that it wakes people up in the house. I need the quiet factor of foam.

Sorry... this is getting way OT.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally posted by creaturecat
a leaf blower is the ticket for an absolutely scratch free drying experience - just avoid touching the car - with the nozzle of the blower.
...and don't electrocute yourself

(Happy CA water blade user here too)
Old 10-11-2005, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I bought the CA water blade and hate it. I used it once and have it in my garage somewhere. I'll probably never use it again.

Nothing beats a smooth stream of water being applied without a nozzle on the end of your hose. Once all of the water washed off, there is very little left to dry. The only caveat it that you must have a good wax job on your car and rainX for this to work really well.
1980 Porsche 911SC w/ -22mm/28mm Torsion Bars | Custom Valved Bilsteins | 22mm/21mm Carrera Sway Bars | Elephant Poly/Bronze Bushings | Carrera Brakes | AJ-USA Brake Cooling | Carrera Oil Cooler w/ Fan | Elephant Strut Brace | Oh, and no ABS or PSM or A/C
Old 10-11-2005, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to FrayAdjacent911
Try that Mr Clean Autodry crap. I've used it on my daily driver, and it WORKS. I don't have to worry about drying the car, it air dries spotless.

69 911T Targa - "Stinky"
2001 Boxster "Stahlgewehr"
Old 10-11-2005, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Try a good quality window-washing squeege from a hardware store. I don't bother, but my wife uses it on the glass shower doors. She orgininally tried the smaller California water blade, but it made noise. The window squeege is quiet.

Steve
Old 10-11-2005, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I've also had very good success with a towel.

1980 Porsche 911SC w/ -22mm/28mm Torsion Bars | Custom Valved Bilsteins | 22mm/21mm Carrera Sway Bars | Elephant Poly/Bronze Bushings | Carrera Brakes | AJ-USA Brake Cooling | Carrera Oil Cooler w/ Fan | Elephant Strut Brace | Oh, and no ABS or PSM or A/C
Old 10-11-2005, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: