Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Power at pump then it cuts out 3.2 engine w/dme

I am trying to get my 3.2 started for the first time in my 914. I finally figured out my black wire needs power when cranking and running. Now she wants to fire up but as soon as it catches alittle I lose power to my fuel pump. Is this the other sensor trying to take over or could this be something else.
I ran out of time to troubleshoot so I figure I would post here so when I get back to it I can try various things from what you guys can post.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Not sure what sensor you are referring to??

Have you tried a different DME relay? You could jump power to the pump and see if it runs (for a brief period). Then you'd know if that is the issue. I jumped power to my pump when I needed to drain my fuel tank without any problems.

The pump provides pressure to the fuel system, but you have a regulator which bleeds off excess pressure. Shouldn't hurt a thing. While running, I think my pump runs non-stop, but I am not 100% sure.

Doug
Old 10-12-2005, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

My pump works when cranking. Right as it starts to run, which is a brief second there is no longer power to the pump.

The sensor I am referring to is the one that tells the pump to run. You fuel pump runs when you are cranking, via the yellow wire, and then once the engine is running the sensor take over and tell the pump to run.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: