Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

AC Removal

I have a 1985 911 and I want to remove the entire AC system. Compressor, condenser, evaporator, hoses etc.... Is there any ideas to make it easier or faster? Also, does any one have a layout of where all the parts and hoses are located? Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

Old 10-12-2005, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Friend of Warren

The easy part obviously is the compressor and the engine lid condensor. Next you want to remove the front condensor, the crash bar in front of the condensor and the mesh guard. Don't forget the condensor blower in the trunk. Now the hard parts. The lines are a biitch. If you aren't going to reinstall the system, just cut the lines in convenient places and pull them out. The absolute hardest part is the equipment in the smuggler's box. A search on this board will explain how to remove it although I kept it in so I can use the fan.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: