Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally posted by 911teo
I have my Recaro seats mounted directly to the floor.

911teo-How much headroom did you gain? I am considering exactly what you have. That is, if I see right. I want Recaro Pole Position seats. Because of my height I need to mount to the floor-Or not use slider brackets anyway. With my helmet on, I barely fit in my car using the stock seats.

Old 10-14-2005, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Limbo

Garage
Gary,

9 hours yesterday on our fall tour and the seats felt great!!!!
Old 10-16-2005, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Cool Way down low.....

I put a set of Summit seats in my SC. I used 6mm bolts thru the stock mounting brackets to mount 1/8" steel plates about 1 1/4" below the stock brackets. the new seats bolt to the suspended plates. I used "side to side" plates on the driver side but the control box under the passenger seat was in the way so I made those mounting plates "front to rear". So far, no problems with the installation and I still have functional sliders.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Friends of Warren

Bob
I am 6'3" and with the side mounting brakets bolted directly to the floor rails I just about fit.

If you look at the picture attached the side mounts are positioned backward. In fact you can see how part of the side mount covers the side harness hole of the seat.

Obviously this is a no no.. but just FYI I had much more head room.
I think the Recaro side mounts are not the best if you are tall... I am considering buying another set from Brey Krause and see if it improves.

I say this because I had to position the seat a little more forward that I wanted it to get maximum clearance.

Still I love the seats... perfect compromise!

Warren RIP

www.impactbumpers.co.uk
Old 10-17-2005, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Thanks for the update slider, I think these seats are a great deal. While you were performing surgery, did you notice if you could cleanly put a anti-sub strap through the leather, and where could it be mounted.

Thanks in advance,
Gone: 79 911SC, 83 944, 05 Cayenne Turbo
Old 10-18-2005, 09:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Limbo

Garage
I think when I put a sub strap hole in mine I will take the seat bottom into an upholstery shop and have them add some leather (stitch) down through the hole so that I can pull the extra leather to the seat bottom and glue it in place. That way it will not tear and will look very nice.

As far as mounting, I bolted a 3/16" x 1" piece of metal across the factory seat mount brackets and then bolted the sub strap to that. This way it is not part of the seat or the seat frame and will hold its place in the event of an accident.

Last edited by Slider79SC; 10-19-2005 at 08:33 AM..
Old 10-19-2005, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by 911teo

Still I love the seats... perfect compromise!
compromise between what? And if you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh, Matteo? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Friends of Warren

My car is a daily driver so the seats are a compromise between a full racing setup and street.
Mine are the Recaro Leather PolePosition SPG.
If this was a pure track car I would have chosen the Recaro Pro Racer (for the head lateral support) but they are not avaliable in leather plus reduce lateral visibility.
I also believe that leather is not the best material for a focussed racing shell... You should see mine after a 30 min DE session... covered in sweat...

I am 6'3" and weigh between 193 and 203 lbs... (88 to 92kg).

Warren RIP

www.impactbumpers.co.uk
Old 10-19-2005, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: