Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   Porsche 911 Technical Forum (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/)
-   -   Where's Henry Lisk???? (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/245852-wheres-henry-lisk.html)

Evans, Marv 10-13-2005 07:18 AM

Where's Henry Lisk????

Well, it seems like if "you know what" will happen, it will always happen to me. I ordered a windshield from Henry Lisk a couple of months or more ago & paid for it along with shipping. It arrived totally smashed, and I didn't accept delivery of it. I emailed Henry and got an answer back at that time. I've since emailed him two or three times without a reply. The last came back undelivered. I called his number this morning & got a voice mail for a Rick Bus (not sure of the last name) & left a message I was trying to contact Henry. Anybody know what's going on and how I can contact him???

DW SD 10-13-2005 07:27 AM

Marv,
I posted a thread on searching for a nice windshield installer / supplier in the South Orange County and San Diego county some time ago. I had a great experience with MasterGlass with my early. I paid $220 installed (I think) for their OEM glass (not Chinese). I supplied the seal. They are out of San Marcos or Temecula and cover much of SoCal. I realize you have an issue to solve with Henry, but maybe this will help you out. Also, my friend Jim said he buys windows for his race car for $150. I didn't get the name of his supplier.
Maybe some of this is helpful to you.

Doug

JoeC 10-13-2005 07:53 AM

Marv,
Having the same issue with Henry. But to date have received nothing.. Will not return any type of communication.
(email & letters no phone number for him)
I really do not understand because the initial conversations were very good. People said he was slow to reply but its been 2 months now.

Joe

Evans, Marv 10-13-2005 08:00 AM

Thanks, Doug. I think I'll look into getting one from MasterGlass. I will be installing it myself, though It looks like this windshield thing is going to cost me around $600, at least, to get resolved. I'm not happy about that.
Joe:
I saved Henry's phone number (at least the one he gave me at the time) and address, since I send him a money order. I also have a copy of the invoice that came with the windshield around here somewhere. I guess my next step is to send a registered letter. My time frame sounds similar to yours. I'm irritated, but hope nothing bad has happened to Henry, healthwise or from something else that's causing this.

Evans, Marv 10-13-2005 12:51 PM

Bump! In case anyone else has any info.

JP911 10-13-2005 02:29 PM

FWIW I had a good experience with Henry. Maybe he's on vacation?