Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Oil Pressure/Level Question.

Oil Pressure Question.

My Druck Pressure is right where it should be. But the oil gauge to the right of the gas gauge is in the red, just hovers in the middle of the red. Is this normal, I thought I read on the forum to ignore this gauge but I wanted to check with the forum first.

1988 3.2 911

Old 10-13-2005, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I ignore mine. Not exactly ignore it but i know what normal is which is in the red. Just check it with the dipstick regularly and don't worry about the guage.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Like Kevin said, make sure you regularly manually check the dipstick level. I had a bad sender in my level sender. I do use it as a guide, but generally ignore it and definitely the manual dipstick SUPERCEDES the gauge.

Doug
Old 10-13-2005, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks
Old 10-13-2005, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
durn for'ner

Supposing your gauge reads correct - it will only be of use when engine is up to full operating temp. If cooler the gauge will show much lower volume, closer or into red field.

This goes for the stick too. Always evaluate when hot. If your stick shows good measure (mid mark) when hot engine but the gauge still hovers in red - I would suspect gauge or sender out of order.

Just my newbie 2 Swedish crowns...

Carrera '85
Old 10-13-2005, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
I ignore mine. Not exactly ignore it but i know what normal is which is in the red. Just check it with the dipstick regularly and don't worry about the guage.
Mine seems to be very accurate but it needs to be warmed up, on level terrain with the engine idling for about 30 seconds. Like sitting at a stop light.

Old 10-13-2005, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: