Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
I use the two piece . Love it ! I also wax the area every two weeks , shake dirt and leaves out and never , I mean never leave the bra on the car if it is wet . It will torture your paint .

When I first put it on my car I could not get the hood to close . Another Pelican told me to use an allen wrench to loosen and move the hood latch . Genius !! I also have the mirror bras with the gold and red crest ( my friends think they are a little feminine ) but I receive alot of complements .

Vinnie from Ventura
1989 911 Silver Anniversary

Old 10-14-2005, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Here is our 1983 SC with a Colgan Bra at the RennSport Reunion at Daytona.

This fits the way it should.

2002 Audi TT Roadster (Wifey's Car)
1992 Mazda Miata (Daughter's Car)
1991 Honda VFR750F Interceptor
1982 Honda VF750S Sabre
Old 10-14-2005, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
PWD72S - What an excellent example of what a classic p-car should look like! Hat's off to you.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Forget the fabric bra. Try Mag Bra, a superior product idea. Excellent design/engineering/execution. Wayne should sell these things.

1989 Carrera
1989 928 S4
Old 10-15-2005, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Somatic Negative Optimist

Garage
Vinnie et al: Are you guys not concerned about the bra blocking the airflow to you front oil coolers?
Abstract Darwin Ipso Facto: "Life is evolutionary random and has no meaning as evidenced by 7 Billion paranoid talking monkeys with super-inflated egos and matching vanity worshipping illusionary Gods and Saviors ".
Old 10-16-2005, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Nathans_Dad
MMMM...Porsche cleavage.
Lol! Very funny!

I have a Colgan 2-piece. Andras nailed it. If abused, the bra is hell on your car. If used properly, it saves you from stone chips that our low hoods are so prone to. I use mine on long highway jaunts and then stow it. The one piece looks like hell (except for the cleavage!). Not that the two-piece looks so great, but at least you can open your hood.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Old 10-16-2005, 07:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Registered

Tom & Craig? Thanks for the kind words...

Here's one of the car with the bra on...I really feel Colgan is the reason my car still sports it's original paint. Oregon has a front license plate required law. I had an upholstery shop sew a clear pocket in the front of the bra, slip the plate in there.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Frankly, the one piece bras look a bit more classic IMHO. I have one that fits the countours of the body, and I am not as inclined to use it. It is also a lot simpler to actually use the one piece. My earlier comments still hold, but they do have a purpose and a place!

SCWDP member #0034
'67 912 Restoration/Mod - SOLD
'80 911SC Targa -
Old 10-16-2005, 11:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: