Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Update of my 72 and 3/4 911 - Parts Q?

Well, we took my "72.75" 2-for-1 car to a celette bench... For those who missed the earlier story, I've got a car made up from a 72S nose and 73.5T ass welded together (O joy). Moral of that story: don't trust a long distance PPI either ;-) I call it my 72 and three quarters car...

The car was pronounced pretty straight and serviceable. Minor $200 tweak to the frame to be perfect, at least from a suspension standpoint, but nothing the guy had not seen on "stock" and even some supposedly "never hit" cars, so I don't feel too bad... Ergo, since this car is unsellable but OK to use as a driver, so I'm going to fix the suspension and steering after all.

Question: Can a late steering rack (SC or carerra) fit a 72S nose ?

Last edited by Deschodt; 10-13-2005 at 10:36 AM..
Old 10-13-2005, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
sc racks fit your car no problem. I beleive the carrera racks are the same, but you'd have to check. I quick look at pelican's parts list would probably give you your answer on that.

how much of the "nose" are you talking? if it's the very front vertical piece it's no big deal. But since you know the models the pieces came from I'm wondering if you have a vin in the front that's different than the vin on the a-pillar?

also, where are you located? I'd like to find someone with a celette closer to me (Detroit) than NH.

'68 911 Ossi Blue coupe
Old 10-13-2005, 10:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Oh yes I do... I don't recall the link to my previous post but it's a chop job... The whole nose all the way to the dash ;-(

The hidden vin was cleverly erased (I resurrected it CSI style), but that is what you get when you try to get a deal long distance, use a family member to check the VINs (he did not follow instructions) and trust a long distance PPI sight unseen...

On the + side, I now know it's straight, it was welded well according to the body guy, staggered welds (long on longitudinals, short on pan, long on tunnel, etc...) And everything works that goes thru there, heat, cold start lever etc... I got reamed in that the car is unselleable, but I did inherit a nice engine/tranny and a car which I can drive in peace, not worrying about its collectibility or dings ;-) Trying to be positive here.. Thanks for the rack info !

Old 10-13-2005, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: