Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Question Need value opinion on '76 Targa

I'm possibly looking at a '76 Targa later this weekend and want to get a ballpark number for what I'm looking at.
The car is supposedly a rust free chassis, original Grand Prix White paint, but some checking. The interior is Tan leather and supposedly in decent condition as is the original Targa top. The car appears to have a set of 15x6 fuchs.
The 2.7L motor is out of the car according to the owner because a couple of nuts were loose on one of the cylinders, so the cam cover and one jug were removed, supposedly it's all there.
The other downside is that the car is a sportmatic. Needless to say it would have to be converted to a 915 gearbox.
The guy's asking $5500, what do you think this car is worth?

2010 Subaru Forester X Limited - wife's daily driver
Old 10-13-2005, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Id move on rather than convert the trans and have the guy rush to slam the 2.7 back together or buy it apart like that unless you really know what your looking at. Probably needs time certs etc.. It may be the original color but probably not the original paint it would be dull but not checked usually. If he doesnt have records of time certs etc it wouldnt be worth it either. 2.7 can be reliable if it were maintained and had paper work for the updates but, I'd skip this one unless it was so cheap you only had to skip lunch next week to pay for it.
so as a whole car not worth $5500 but as parts.. maybe
Old 10-13-2005, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Harold. I think that's good advice. Another friend of mine pointed out that the "loose" nuts on the head studs probably meant that the studs were starting to pull out of the case. I'm going to pass on this one.

2010 Subaru Forester X Limited - wife's daily driver
Old 10-13-2005, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: