Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Backseat Fix

the red tab that pulls out to fold the backseat down has separated and the bolt has slid in, thus I am trying to figure out how I can pull out the bolt to reattach the red tab?? any help is greatly appreciated...Ed

96 FJ80 - Sold
Old 10-13-2005, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Can't find it iin PET. The whole seat back should come off with only a few bolts so I can't imagine it would be too tough. Maybe remove the seat back and then remove and replace the screw.

John
Old 10-13-2005, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I had the same problem on my 86. If the stud has not sliped too far in, you might be able to slip a small screw driver between the hinge and push the the stud out.

If that does not work, then you will need to remove the small unit. It is held in place by a few screws. You will need to pull back the carpet at the base of the seat back. Not hard at all.

mercedes GLK350
2009 boxster s
86 targa
Old 10-13-2005, 09:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
The rear seat back can be removed by unscrewing the hinge screw\bolt with a large flat head screwdriver. They can be very hard to break loose.
Gruppe B #309
Old 10-14-2005, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Friends of Warren

MisterB

Same happened to me.... I struggled for a while.. could not find the part on PP either. Eventually decided it was time to save some weight and got rid of the seats altogether.
Good luck!

Warren RIP

www.impactbumpers.co.uk
Old 10-14-2005, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: