Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Question any tips for removal of frozen clutch hyraulic line?

I've beat the hell out of this line, and now I have one smashed finger, and one brand new clutch flexible-line with nowhere to go!

Anyone have any tricks for removing this dang thing? I've tried liquid wrench soaking for a couple days, heat on the larger fitting... no go. I'd rather not buy a new hard-line, but it looks like that might have to happen if I can't get this thing off!!!

Thanks!

Old 10-13-2005, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

From the looks of the mangled flats on that hard line, I'd say you're into one already. Just bite the bullet...

ianc

"I will tell you there is a big difference between driving money and driving blood, sweat and tears." - PorscheGuy79
Old 10-13-2005, 10:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

probably a couple of curved jaw visegrips, real tight, is you're best bet here. i guess you already tried fitting wrenches? if not, there looks to be sufficient flat remaining to use them. they work way better than open ends on things like this.

8009 103rd pl ne Marysville Wa 98270
206 637 4071
Old 10-14-2005, 08:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Thanks for the tips, guys. I was successful with a hefty pair of vise-grips, as John suggested.

Thanks again!
Old 10-14-2005, 08:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by john walker's workshop
probably a couple of curved jaw visegrips, real tight, is you're best bet here. i guess you already tried fitting wrenches? if not, there looks to be sufficient flat remaining to use them. they work way better than open ends on things like this.
John pulled the words right outta my head...

85 911 Factory Turbo-Look Targa (Gone)
Old 10-14-2005, 11:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: