Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Unregistered

Grand Am isn't supposed to the WWF, that is reserved for Nascar.

The big boys of Grand Am say no blocking, they assess penaties for nudging, and regularly punish driver's for doing bad stuff to other cars. I was amazed by some of the ticky-tack things they assessed a stop and go for but I figured as long as they are fair, it's fine with me.
They promote their races as a gentlemen's game, then allow this kind of BS?
Perfect example of the golden rule, and we all know who has the gold in Grand Am.
If someone driving a Porsche had pulled that stunt against a cadillac they would be banned for life.

Old 10-17-2005, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
Registered

I hope the rumor that one of the well funded GT teams that are ordering two RS Spyders is the Alex Job team. I am biased because they are local to me but in my opinion they are a professional team that would do well running this chassis. I have followed the ALMS since its inception and enjoy this series. The addition of factory run teams like Porsche and Mazda in the LMP classes is a good thing and it's the reason I like the ALMS better then Grand Am. I watch both series because I enjoy sports car racing in general but the ALMS is where its at in my opinion. I watched the race and was on the edge of my seat the entire race, there was action in all 4 classes.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Garage
Here are a few pictures and Video of the Car at Laguna courtesy my cousin JP.

www.plavanracing.com/rsspyder.htm
911ST Race Car/2.5L SS Race Motor #02
1972 911T- Numbers matching- Restoring to stock
2011 Porsche Spyder Wht/Blk/Carbon Fiber Buckets/6-Speed (Sold)
2016 Elan NP01 Prototype racecar- Chassis #20, #02
Old 10-17-2005, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)
Registered

I don't think it was just Henzler who got pugged...Liddell got quite a squeeze as well...enough to break his suspension and crash into another Porsche. Then a Viper got "tapped" and left the course...that was blatant and the driver of the Caddy should have been black flagged immediately. When the 'Vette pushed Henzler wide I cried BS but at least Henzler had the chance to come back...for a moment. The he got squashed. That's when I threw something at the TV....

I like the Grand Am's rules about no touching/bumping. That just makes sense. I also like Champ Car's rules about no blocking...that also makes sense. The problem with the Speed "GT" is that those sedans are so much heavier. Yes, the balance the performance envelope with regulated engine mods, etc. But in the end it's still a heavy car vs. a lighter car. So if there's contact, guess who "wins" and guess who suffers...

PART OF MY SOUL: '86 911, '76 912E, '06 Cayman S, '90 911 C4, '74 911, '78 911 Targa, '01 Boxster, '70 911T, '99 Boxster (#2), '72 911T, '88 911, '99 Boxster (#1), '84 911 Turbo Look, '73 911 Targa, '88 944
Old 10-18-2005, 04:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: