Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

euro registration issues? CA, WA, OR, or changing states?

Hi folks,

If I buy a european 78-89 SC or C3.2, are there potential snags in moving states? The cars I am considering have been in colorado for several years, but I'm wondering if anyone has had problems moving to california, oregon, or washington (or other states) with a euro car. I don't want to be forced to sell a car due to this sort of issue.

Thanks,

Andy

Old 10-14-2005, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Me like track days

Depends on what is ON the car.
In WA State, *no* visual inspection......California, they are vis inspect Nazis -
Old 10-14-2005, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Right, I guess the question is if I have paperwork saying emissions equipment and/or lights etc are OK does that just apply to colorado, or is it a nation wide thing.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

can anyone explain how this works in california? Do you have an EPA exemption? What about CARB?

Thanks,
Old 10-16-2005, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Formerly bb80sc

If it's an SC, I'd try to throw a stock setup on it, incliding cat so it will pass the visual. I passed my smog out there with a gutted cat and passed both emissions and visual. The doods working at the smogs shops ain't real bright anyway. Many of them probably won't know an O2 bung from their own bung Some guys have even passed with SSI's and the shop thinks they are twin cats. So, as long as you can lean out the mixture, passing should not be a problem. I think a 84+ Carrera would be easier.... Exemptions in CA end at '74 cars and earlier.
2017 Mazda CX5
Old 10-16-2005, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Me like track days

Andy -

The doods in CA are notorious for catching the tricks; don't take too much of a chance if you move there.
By 'tricks', I refer to the visual inspection -

Old 10-16-2005, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: