Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to slodave
Hi,

It's mainly street and the occasional Sunday canyon run. I don't really want to go overboard on this car nor do I have the funds. I was planning on adding a front upper strut tie bar, but was worried that it would make the body flex worse. It is high mileage (211,000), but very easy driving. Was my dad's, I took it over in 2000. I was on the September Mulholland/Decker run and really noticed the flex. Since it is a So. Cal. car, the roof is removed during such events.

Dave

'84 Targa - Arena Red - AX #104
'07 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Yes, I'm that guy...
'01 Toyota Corolla - Urban Camouflage - SOLD
Old 10-16-2005, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

I was wondering this as well. I don't have any on my car yet, but I have gathered over the last year that the strut brace is probably the most noticeable, then the JMPRO targa bars (I've heard only good things), and then even door sills if you can hack it. Otherwise the roll bar/cage is definitely the best route.

1980 911SC Targa - Sold
1972 914 - Sold
Old 10-16-2005, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Original Owner

Both make a noticeable difference, but the front strut tie bar was more noticeable. Do it first then when you still hear those creaks and groans from the body and see the paint getting rubbed off where your Targa Top rubs on flex........well you know what to do. The Targa body brace is highly adjustable. So much so be careful...you can make door rear fitment gaps come and go!!!
Old 10-16-2005, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to slodave
Hi,

Thanks for the answer, tsuter. I can imagine what the front strut bar will do, but how will it affect the mid body flex with the top off (windows down)? This is why I was considering adding the Targa body brace first.

Dave

'84 Targa - Arena Red - AX #104
'07 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Yes, I'm that guy...
'01 Toyota Corolla - Urban Camouflage - SOLD
Old 10-16-2005, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: