Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

ac hose routing

I'm installing a rennaire system and i can't find a pic of the hose connections on the compressor and the rear condenser.

Old 10-15-2005, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

High side goes to the condensor, low side comes from the evaporator.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hose from compressor to rear deck lid condenser should connect to highest fitting on the condenser when the deck lid is CLOSED. This will be the lower fitting of the two fittings when the decklid is open/flipped up.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Another tip. The hose that leaves the rear deck condenser and goes all the way to the front condenser has different size fittings on each end. Be sure you know which end goes where before you install so as to keep from having to remove and re-install like I did.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

thanks for the help. I'm working slowly,installing the things I removed along time ago. I didn't know these cars could hold so much debris in the nooks and crannies. Road gravel for days! the rennaire sys has the sanden compressor with no hose connection diagram. I notice the fittings are different. Which is which
Old 10-16-2005, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

The larger diameter hose (coming from the evaporator up front) should attach to the compressor port with the larger fitting or "boss"; typically this port is labeled "S" for suction. The intermediate diameter (and shorter) hose connects to the smaller compressor port or "boss" sometimes labeled "D" for discharge. This shorter hose goes to rear decklid condenser.

Another caution when mounting the Sanden compressor if it has a two groove pulley - the outer flange of the unused outboard pulley groove can sometimes contact the rear decklid during closing. On some 911's it is necessary to machine down this outer flange. Lack of interference when carefully closing the deck lid isn't enough as the deck lid can over travel downward during closing due to the compression of the latch spring thereby allowing the compressor pulley to make a dent in the decklid.

Jim
Old 10-16-2005, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

thanks Jim I'll check it out , also I noticed the 87 911s have the compressor with the ports on their side and I currently have mine mounted with the ports facing up..... I did have a clearance problem with the deck lid. My 82 had a cast piece of aluminum on the intake tube that I cut off allowing me to move the the compressor forward. so it does not hit anymore but I don't know the clearance yet

Old 10-16-2005, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: