Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I had the Czech text translated. This will answer ALL your questions . Okay-so the translation is a bit flawed if not funny.

Dne 14.5.2005 to practise in town Thirteen autosalon shepherded society Steel Tzar , where to anew prezentovala as well as society Rolling pin Group. Spectators might shlédnout structure vozu BMW SP assignations sake amateurishly tournament plus storied prototype with signification Springer 2002. Hither prototype byl stature within 70. aviator sir War someone's betters plus nowadays magistral about complete touch up. Them when incredibility , what precizním way byl machine , within then dobu stature , when were not available nearly žádné manufactory component nor knowhow like nowadays. Everything them manufactured article by hand with maximální providence plus stress as forth as within design , whoa is up to here dobu very nadčasový , now within functionality single dílů ať already streamlined , now as well as mechanical. Altogether weight vozu činí cca kg. This wonderfulness monstrance actuates tune in motor BMW ALPINA 2002 to dvěmi reversible carburetor Weber within celkovém achievement cca 180 stilt takže si dokážete present while to odehrává , soon as with vášní sešlápnete gassy pedal. On the chance tohoto prototype indeed nelze nor the other way.

Turns out it was made by the "Society Rolling Pin Group". Looks like it. It's a prototype designed by aviator sir war who did some touch-up.

No disputing this-"Everything them manufactured article by hand"

This part I understand-The "wonderfulness monstrance...tune in motor BMW Alpina 2002 ...blah... blah ..carburator weber....gassy pedal".

I think this Vlasek fellow is a former racer who went on to tuning BMWs much like Alpina (in his dreams). It looks like he figured he could do better by designing the above pictured...uh...car using some BMW 2002 parts (motor?), which is different than altering a 2002, which it's not.

Of course this is largely speculation on my part based on bad translations and some BMW history.

Old 10-16-2005, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I didn't reailize my picture were going to cause so much pain.
They are in fact listed as BMW 2002's. Here is the link to the site. http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/Havirov-1974-05-19-photo.html

Gazela B5 BMW 2002 TiG – BMW /Alpina L4 1990cc N/A

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 10-16-2005, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by URY914
I didn't reailize my picture were going to cause so much pain.
They are in fact listed as BMW 2002's. Here is the link to the site. http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/Havirov-1974-05-19-photo.html

Gazela B5 BMW 2002 TiG – BMW /Alpina L4 1990cc N/A
No pain-it's very interesting. I would really like to know more about the car and have posted it on BMW boards for more info. They, so far, are as mystefied as I. In the two decades I've been involved in the BMWCCA and 2002s, I've never seen this car. I've read at least 12 books on BMW and 2002 history and never has a 2002 TIG been mentioned nor pictured. And while I can see why some might think the car was originally a 2002 (it's written on the front after all), it's still not a 2002. I don't car what they call it.They simply used the motor and they labeled it "2002". It may have even used a whole bunch of parts from a 2002 (doorhandles?Oops-nope)-but that doesn't make it a 2002. Maybe they cut the body off the pan and made whatever this thing is-still not a 2002. Even the wheelbase looks too long so I question whether they even used the pan and suspension. Don't get me started on the mid engine placement. Look at the pictures of my cars below and compare-no common parts. Glass-different. Roofline-different. Doors-different. Hoffmeister kink-different. Have I beaten this horse quite enough yet?
Old 10-16-2005, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered

It appears to be known as a Gazela B5. Sometimes the name appears with BMW or Alpina 2002, sometimes it does not. I agree there isn't anything BMW in the body.

Does CSSR mean Czech republic?

Old 10-16-2005, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
So is it mid-engined? I don't see how you could get an engine under that 911 type hood. And is that an oil cooler or radiator above hanging off the bumper?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 10-16-2005, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered

All your bases . . . .
Old 10-16-2005, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by MRM
All your bases . . . .
and...

needs more cowbell.

Old 10-16-2005, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

I'm glad I'm chiming in here at the end...

I thought it lookid like a 914 frame with a bunch of 911 body panels and a *****-LOAD of fiberglass or bondo filler !!!

Anyhow, not too many of 'em in MY neighborhood...
Old 10-16-2005, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Registered

Reminds me of the 959

Old 10-16-2005, 06:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: