Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

'83 fan belt pulley explosion and update kit?

I recently destroyed the fan belt bulley half, and shredded a belt. Too much tension, and perhaps a pulley half that was embrittled by a job shop dichromate redo recently. Fortunately, I was only 1.5 miles from home when the alternator light came on.; temp never rose out of normal range. Deck lid took a hit, but at least no through hole.

I purchased a new pulley half, and kit 928 603 904 00 which includes the nut, a key, two thick washers whose ID is only large enough to go over threaded portion of alternator shaft, and a flat cap. The pulley and nut match the existing setup, but the remainder is completely different (no shims, no tensioning cup). The local dealer showed me the parts blow up in the data base, and it shows this kit for all 911's back to at least '74.

Any one have any idea? All I really need is more of the original shims, should I just buy those from Pelican and return my 'kit'? Or is this some sort of update that is worth having?

Still trying to get through break in of my new engine before fall takes hold. (Recently completed 500 mile valve check and all is well so far).

Thanks - Ian

'05 Five Hundred
Old 10-16-2005, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: