Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
coolcavaracing.com

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Kroggers
Unhappy Hot, hot, hot, hot......

I took my car out for a good drive today in the cool but sunny Stockholm day. I was out for about 2 hours. When I got back, I was having a quick check for oil leaks at the back. I used the rear bumper to support myself, and the thing was hot, and I am talking like real F***ing HOT..... Is this normal - I know stupid new idiot question

I can understand the rear bumper getting hot that close to the exhaust pipe, but this thing actually burnt my hand!!

Old 10-16-2005, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Yes... mine gets hot enough to burn. Must have something to do with aluminum's ability to transfer heat really well.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
My rear bumper gets that hot too. I'm not sure if it's a problem. But I'm not too concerned about it.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

same here. After a six minutes drive city drive the bumper is hot enough to broil egg. Seems to be normal.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
durn for'ner

Never noticed it on the bumper, Pål. Must check after next spirited ride.

Like the pond shop keeper sais in that movie with Dan Ackroyd (I think), when his trying to sell his expensive watch: "Burnt my fingers man !"
And Dan goes: But its a very expensive watch, shows the time in New York, Paris, London...and Gstaad !
Shop keeper: Well, in Philadelphia its worth fifty bucks.

Or something like that...

Carrera '85
Old 10-16-2005, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
coolcavaracing.com

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Kroggers
Well, if I am not the only one with a hot rear-end
All must be OK

Old 10-16-2005, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: