Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Electric fuel pump question

Hello, can anybody tell me what the purpose of the bolt on the bottom of the pump is ? The bolt in mine is definetly not original and this concerns me as I will be breaking in a new motor shortly.

Why would somebody have removed and reinstalled this bolt? Is it simple enough to do a bench test of the pump ? If so is there a recommended procedure?

Thanks, Joe

Old 10-17-2005, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

"bolt on the bottom of the pump" ?

Is this the output side hollow bolt or stud and dome nut that secures the banjo fitting? Banjo fitting has a hose barb on the end. In some cases the banjo fitting also contains the pump check valve.

Year and model of car?
Old 10-17-2005, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Jim, the car is a 73T 2.4 with MFI. Below is what the picture off Pelican Parts looks like. The only difference in my case is the mounting bracket. The metal part in front of the connector is what I'm referring to. Mine has a bolt in this spot which looks like it doesn't belong. If that is a check valve what is the purpose? and can it be replaced?

Thanks, Joe

Old 10-17-2005, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: