Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

new to bbs w/ pics

Hello all,
Been lurking for months now and finally got on board. Got my 88 Carrera coupe in April and have had nothing but good experiences thus far. Except for the Porsche tax I had to pay to the DPS around Texas World Speedway on labor day for no front plate. Thank heavens they got the most egregious lawbreaker off the road on labor day. Car has run great since acquiring and was a hoot to drive on the track Working on a busted tailight problem now. Have had trouble removing screws holding housing in place but have seen mucho info on the needed procedure. Great to be a Pelican-head. tried to attach the mandatory photo but pelican says the file is too large, any tips on resizing photos is helpful (windows xp)
Scott

Old 10-17-2005, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
UFLYICU

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ZOA NOM
You should be able to open the pix in MS Paint (should be included with any version of windows, located in "accessories" under the Start menu). Then, from the "Image" menu heading, choose "Attributes" and it should let you change the size. Save and try to upload to Pelican again. Good luck, I'm anxious to see your '88. Also, try to use "jpeg" type pictures, they are much smaller, and Pelican seems to accept them in any size, and just re-sizes them automatically. "BMP" type pictures are uncompressed, and can be incredibly large.
Racer Rix Spec911 #5

prc-racing.com

Last edited by ZOA NOM; 10-17-2005 at 11:55 AM..
Old 10-17-2005, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

try again
Old 10-17-2005, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

im on a roll
Old 10-17-2005, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
durn for'ner

Beautiful car - welcome to the forum, Scott !!

Carrera '85
Old 10-17-2005, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Administrator

The classic 911. Very nice.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Hello Scott. Welcome to the forum and Porsche ownership.

Your car's beautiful.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Thanks for the props guys. I bought the car from a guy in Ohio thru the PCA website. It took almost a 7 months to find the right one. She has no major engine mods, but does have Koni sports, Weltmiester strut brace, Recaros and other goodies. I have yet to find the limits of adhesion, sooo cool. 127k on the clock. Since purchasing I have begun backdating the heat using widebody911 CF piece and have removed the AC since it no worky anyway. I'm on the slippery slope with rollerskates on
Scott
Old 10-17-2005, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Welcome Scott and nice car.

Texas Motor Speedway is the one near Ft. Worth, right? I sure wish that was there when I lived in the D/FW area.

Dan
93 Toyota P/U
Old 10-17-2005, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

It is close to Bryan/College Station. Home of Texas A&M.
Scott

Old 10-18-2005, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: