Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

When I was seeking the "greatest minds on the planet" John provided an opinion on my fuel tank dilema, which was greatly appreciated and extremely useful.

He is indeed a gentleman and a scholar. Hats off to ya John.

Bob
73.5T

Old 10-17-2005, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

I second all the great things said about John in this thread. He has helped me both directly and indirectly many times. A true asset to the board.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

Just today I remembered something he said about the wiper switch: sometimes the stalk contact point needs to be tweeked , only adjusted a bit, not replaced. Well it got me to thinking.... so I dove into an old annoyance on my VW (using his porsche advice) and it worked!
I was like whoa! this dude is good...
'99 MX-5
8 bicycles
Old 10-17-2005, 10:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Kraftwerk
Just today I remembered something he said about the wiper switch: sometimes the stalk contact point needs to be tweeked , only adjusted a bit, not replaced. Well it got me to thinking.... so I dove into an old annoyance on my VW (using his porsche advice) and it worked!
I was like whoa! this dude is good...
Yep, that's an excellent example. He's not just a parts-changer. He understand these cars. He loves cars. After working 50 or 60 hours for customers during the week, he comes in on weekends and works on his own projects. Like Tyson, he just can't keep his hands off cars.

Sorry, John. If you don't like this, just don't click.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

...Who is John Walker - does he work at Motor Meister???
Old 10-18-2005, 06:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Not exactly. He's the opposite of MM. He owns a one-man shop in Seattle. You guys got Tyson. You can't have John. He's ours.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by yelcab1
I thought you were talking about Johnny Walker, the scotch. That is good too. But, John W is the best.
Something about 3 J's.

Johnny Walker, Jim Beam and Jack Daniels.

1982 Porsche 911SC Coupe - Factory Short Shift |7:31 R&P in AL case | Toyo RA1 Tires | Corbeau TRS seats | M&K 2 in 2 out muffler
Old 10-18-2005, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
durn for'ner

Pål,

We need to get a hold on a Walker / Tyson character in our nape of the woods. Pronto !

Carrera '85
Old 10-18-2005, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Unregistered

Can you imagine having the evil one and JW in the same shop? There would be a line of Porsches all the way down the street waiting their turn.
Now, what is it going to take to get JW down here .................. j/k

Old 10-18-2005, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: