Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally posted by krichard
I can't believe that they still put tape players these cars.
They don't anymore.

In 2001 they did and the car was missing a glove box as well. In 2002 the glove box appeared as did a CD player and the X50 package. The X50 does 0 - 60 in 3.6 seconds. The 997 turbo is reported faster by a couple tenths.

Old 10-18-2005, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Cornpanzer wouldn't be interested...hell, that wasserpumper TT is slower in the quarter than his VW beetle...
http://www.early911sregistry.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8156
Old 10-18-2005, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by rsrfan
I bought my 930 from these guys after much looking. Everything on the lot is clean. They sell mostly to ferrari and lambo guys out of the OC. They thought it was funny that the porsche guys will come look at a car 4-5 times and have a ppi performed prior to purchase. Said the Ferrari/Lambo guys just drive by and decide to purchase. Story goes that some doctor almost purchased my turbo for his 16 year old daughter. She didn't like the stiff clutch so got a boxter instead.

JP
I read stories like this and have one immediate and overriding thought:

I gotta raise my rates.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by rsrfan
I bought my 930 from these guys after much looking. Everything on the lot is clean. They sell mostly to ferrari and lambo guys out of the OC. They thought it was funny that the porsche guys will come look at a car 4-5 times and have a ppi performed prior to purchase. Said the Ferrari/Lambo guys just drive by and decide to purchase. Story goes that some doctor almost purchased my turbo for his 16 year old daughter. She didn't like the stiff clutch so got a boxter instead.

JP

I read stories like that and want to hide under a very large 930 proof rock!

I have severe while-you-are-in-there-itis.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Come on guys, lets get back to the real argument started by 2.7 racer. I assume you are pitting a new corvette against last years model Porsche. ALMS series racing is so afraid that Turbo Porsche would dominate the GT-1 category that it applies a two factor to turbo cars. Instead of the old standard 1.4 per liter multiplier. New TT will have over 500 Hp and will make the corvette wet it's pants.

Besides, don't you have to be bald and impotent to drive a vet?

Old 10-18-2005, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: