Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Show Me Your Mid Year Non-Flared Coupe with Duck

My '76 coupe is JUST about to be sprayed and all of a sudden I see the thread here today by Quaz on his yellow Targa being restored that looks AWESOME...and it has a duck. My car will be Sahara Beige - which is a butter yellow, but seeing the Targa is making me reconsider if I should order the overnight delivery of a duck to my painter.
My car will be non-flared and will have AL Reed-restored 15x6's on it. Please show me qhat you've got, the more pictures from various angles the better, Thanks, Dan

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 10-18-2005 at 08:16 PM..
Old 10-18-2005, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

You can always buy a duck and have both tails sprayed to suit your fancy.

76 912E RS (i.e. "Real Slow"); 63 Volvo P1800 "S"; 71 Jaguar XJ6 Series 1; 05 GT3
Old 10-18-2005, 09:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Cool

Or you could by a duck and a whale. Here's a pic of my '75 with the whale and integrated oil cooler.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks guys. Yeah, I have been thinking of buying the duck and to just have it painted at the same time so I have it if I ever want it....but I've got plenty of other things to drop $300 plus shipping on so I was hoping for a couple of pictures of mid year coupes with ducks.

Hard to believe NO ONE has such a picture?

P.S. to Doughs, I think your car is Sahara Beige like my car. Is the paint code 516? A am also backdating my flag mirrors to your rectangualr ones and deleting the fog lights as yours. Very nice..gives me an idea what mine will soon look like, thanks.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

'86 Carrera con pato... with duck

Hi,

I just added this duck tail to my Carrera. It is a fiberglass aftermarket version. I like the Carrera flares w/ducktail look almost as much as the big turbo flares (with the actual boost as well).

The cat's perch has not been sanctioned by me, although with the ducktail 'perch' combined with the heat coming from a warm engine, we can't keep this cat off of the car...he's crazed.

Dan J.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Dan,do a search for the mid year hot rods,I don't know how to transfer the pics over but mine is the first pics in the thread,Marty
Old 10-19-2005, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Marty.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Stahlwerks.com

Send a message via Yahoo to jhelgesen
Dan, here is the -6 with duck before I flared her.

"Honest men know that revenge does not taste sweet"
Old 10-19-2005, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
FBHO, FHRC, FAOC and FSJB

Re: '86 Carrera con pato... with duck

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan J.
Hi,

I just added this duck tail to my Carrera. It is a fiberglass aftermarket version. I like the Carrera flares w/ducktail look almost as much as the big turbo flares (with the actual boost as well).

The cat's perch has not been sanctioned by me, although with the ducktail 'perch' combined with the heat coming from a warm engine, we can't keep this cat off of the car...he's crazed.

Dan J.
That cat on the duck would now be a dead cat if it were mine!

Men do not quit playing because they get old.... They get old because they quit playing.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
The Duck tails are cheap enough to get and can always be resold for close to what you paid for it. So order it and have both lids sprayed. If it doesn't work out then just sell it here on Pelican or Ebay.

I kept thinking about doning the same with an RS front spoiler, but I am so happy with the way the stock front bumper came out I don't regret my decision.
1999 911 C2 Aero
Old 10-19-2005, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Not the intended usage but...

Old 10-19-2005, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: