Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Driving member

Garage
Just call me lucky...kinda long

Well this actually happened last weekend but I just decided to share since I am bored.

I was driving my car(imagine that) on a fairly busy 4 lane road with a divided median. I was in the left lane coming around a left hander. There was a white toyota camry on my right that I was overtaking.

The toyota was about a half a car link ahead of me and starts coming into my lane. At first I just let off the gas and watched the car. I realized the driver did not see me.

I eased over as far left as I could but there was a 6 inch curb.
I was braking at the same time. I felt the Toyota rubbing my front fender and fought to keep from knocking me sideways.

I managed to slow down and keep it tween the ditches.

Now all I could think is Oh *****. My car is screwed. The toyota pulled over a little ahead and I pulled in front of it. I jumped out to see the carnage and could not believe my eyes.

I expected to see the whole fender sideswiped.
Instead I could not find a dent or scrape. I looked very close and there was a scratch about 1/16 inch wide and 1 inch long. Meanwhile this little old lady gets out of her car and walks to her passenger side.

She had no idea what she hit or where she hit it. She keeps looking on that side while I walk over and look at her drivers side. There is a black smudge extending on both doors.

She comes around and says oh my what is that black stuff.
I told her it was my tire. Then she says oh I thought I was in my lane.

No lady, you were in mine. Anyway, I just had to share.

Unlike women, a race car is an inanimate object. Therefore it must, eventually, respond to reason.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You should have told her she's too little and too old to drive.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered abUser

Garage
Glad it wasn't worse. It is scary that people who have no clue are driving 2 tons of missile at high speeds. There are more of them out there than I care to think about. If we knew how many, we probably wouldn't ever drive again.....

As much as I would hate to remove any freedoms from the elderly, effort has to be made to keep those that are incoherent and plainly inept off the roads... for their own safety and ours.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Oldporsche
Cool

About half of the drivers out there have no clue of what they're doing! Absolutely clueless. My favorite are the cops I see on the cell.

David Duffield
Old 11-27-2005, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Me like track days

Rubbin' is racin'!
Shoulda spun her in the next turn.....
Old 11-27-2005, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig911
Rubbin' is racin'!
LMAO!
Old 11-27-2005, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Glad to hear you and the car are alright....I have had several close calls courtesy of stupid people. One idiot even rear ended me....thankfully there is a decent body shop in town.

Andy
Old 11-27-2005, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Recreational User

Sunday morning is the most dangerous time to be on the road... church services bring out the blue-hairs piloting their big Detroit iron.

How about getting out of a hospital parking garage the day they are giving away flu shots!
Old 11-27-2005, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I had a similar incident in a Nissan Altima coming home from work late one night on a highway in Dallas. A couple guys in a pickup with big off-road tires couldn't seem to stay in their own lane (after an evening at the bar, I'm guessing). They never even realized their rear tire rubbed my front tire and quarter panel. No damage luckily and I was able to clean off the rubber marks. I did however call their plate # in to the Dallas police.
Gruppe B #309
Old 11-28-2005, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Driving member

Garage
Rubbin' is racin'!

Yeah but she was no Cole Trickle

Unlike women, a race car is an inanimate object. Therefore it must, eventually, respond to reason.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Me like track days

No, no...she was a Dick!
Old 11-28-2005, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: